For a fun way to review, or reinforce, In My Father’s Hands father’s day song, you can use this fun In My Father’s Hands Missing Words match game. This lesson is best for Senior Primary, but pop over to this Picture Word Match for younger kids or combined primary groups!
In My Father’s Hands Missing Words Match
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
The idea behind this lesson plan is like a classic match game with options down the left and the spaces to fill in on the left out of order. You can have the kids fill in the blanks with the scattered options or draw a line to match the match, keeping them mixed for more of a challenge!
How to Play Missing Words Match:
- Print out the pages for the verses you want to use. Alternatively, you can also just write the lyrics right up on the whiteboard.
- Cut out the word strips and arrange them on one side of the board out of order.
- Have the children come up and draw a line from the missing word blank to the correct word on the side of the whiteboard. Or, alternatively, you can move the missing words to fill in the blank. Keeping them out of order will add to the challenge, and fun!
- Sing only the original words and the added words, skipping any still blank.
- Sing only the missing word blanks, silently singing all the original words from the board.
- Have one side of the room sing the main words and the other side of the room sing the blanks (and filled in words).
- Hide the word strips under chairs, then have those children come up as your helper, once at a time, in order of the missing words while everyone sings through the song.
In My Father’s Hands Printable Words Match
This printable In My Father’s hands Missing Words Match game is 14-pages. There’s a summary page to file this game idea away until you’re ready to use it.
There’s 3 pages per verse (4 for the final verse) plus a page of words to cut out. Just print the pages for the verse you want to review.
How to Login to Unlock Downloads!
You can access ALL of our free lesson plans, flip charts, and other printables and downloads by subscribing! Grow.me is a really cool tool that lets you bookmark and save your favorite posts. See our FAQ page here if you need additional help!
Step 1: Click the Unlock Printables button below or 3 Dots icon in the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Create a free account with Grow.me and login.
*NOTE: We do not ask for ANY Credit card information on our lesson plans!! If you see any type of request, that’s not my site!
Step 3: That’s it! All download files will automatically be unlocked as long as you are logged in! If you’re already logged in, you’ll see the PDF preview and/or download button below.
Signing up will subscribe you to our email newsletter or update your subscription status if you previously unsubscribed. Our newsletter shares the latest weekly posts with timely and fun Singing Time ideas and new printable lesson plans!
👇 Download Here 👇
Head over here to see more ideas for teaching In My Father’s Hands!