Oh my Emojis! This fun I Love to See the Temple Emojis Game incorporates a fun emoji code to crack in primary! Your primary children will love playing this logical conclusions game as they review I Love to See the Temple this month in singing time!
My Senior primary kids especially love playing logical games in singing time. They love trying to solve a puzzle or crack a code. They never get tired of these games! That’s why I’m so excited to try out this emoji game while we review I Love to See the Temple!
For this game, we’ll be using some simple emojis to act as symbols for the words to this song! During primary, you’ll have to decode the emoji word strips to figure out the lyrics!
I Love to See the Temple Emojis Game
I’m so excited to try out this game! At first, it might seem a bit daunting to find emojis for lyrics to a primary song, but it’s actually super simple! The simplest way is to just go phrase by phrase, thinking of some emojis that you might use to replace a word.
For example, it’s pretty east to replace all the “I”s to “eye” emojis! Then, I used a heart to replace “love” each time in the song. Here are a few other emojis I used for this song:
As you can see in the above examples, I didn’t choose an emoji for every single word in the phrase. However, they contain enough emojis that you can get the gist of the phrase!
This activity is great because it requires some problem solving skills, AND has some great visuals to keep children engaged during primary!
And just for fun, I played around with the emoji to turn a cross into a Moroni. 😉
You’ll want to start by creating all your emoji strips for each verse that you want to teach. I’ve included a printable with emoji word strips for each phrase in the first verse of the song. Simply print and cut out each of these word strips.
Then, there are a few ways to do this activity, One way is to start by showing a phrase or two of the emoji at the beginning of primary. This is a great attention getter! At the beginning of singing time, ask the children to look at the emojis and try to guess what song they’ll be singing in primary.
Once they’ve guess the song correctly, sing through the first verse of I Love to See the Temple and see how comfortable the kids feel with the song.
Then, bring out the rest of the emoji word strips and place them on the board one at a time. While you review the song, have children come up and write the phrase next to the emoji word strip. Once they’ve solved one word strip, move on to another one!
How to Play:
- Create short phrases of I Love to See the Temple using emojis and single letters or numbers.
- Cut out each phrase so that each phrase is only about 3-4 pictures long.
- At the beginning of primary, put the first phrase that says “I love to see the temple” on the board.
- Using the clues from the emojis, invite the children to guess what song you’ll be practicing.
- Once they guess correctly, review the first verse of I Love to See the Temple (check out our I Love to See the Temple flipchart here!)
- Bring out the rest of the emoji sentence strips and put a few on the board.
- Sing the song again, but this time have children try to figure out what the emoji phrase says. Have them come up to the board and write the phrase next to the emoji word strip.
- Continue singing and solving the puzzles until you’ve completed all the emoji word strips!
- Make it a class competition! After reviewing the verse, give each class their own set of emoji word strips. While you sing, have each class race to see which class can solve all the emoji word strips first!
- Pass out an even number of word strips to each class. After they figure out which phrase is being depicted, have each class sing only their assigned word strips. Have them switch word strips after each run-through.
- Post the emoji word strips around the room. While you sing, have children grab a word strip if they think they know what it means. Have them hold their word strips and solve them after singing! See who is holding the most word strips AND solves them correctly.
Check out this Text Emoji Acronyms Review for another fun game using emojis!
I Love to See the Temple Emojis Singing Time Game Printable Lesson Plan
This I Love to See the Temple Emoji Game Printable Lesson Plan makes prepping for this activity super easy! The first page of this printable includes instructions for the activity, as well as some extension ideas. This page can be useful to print out if you need a reminder Sunday morning 🙂
Then, there are 4 pages of emoji word strips. In order they are 1st verse, chorus, 2nd verse and it’s chorus. Simply print and cut out these word strips you want to use in primary! If you need some extra copies for some of our extension ideas, this makes it easy!
How to Login to Unlock Downloads!
You can access ALL of our free lesson plans, flip charts, and other printables and downloads by subscribing! Grow.me is a really cool tool that lets you bookmark and save your favorite posts. See our FAQ page here if you need additional help!
Step 1: Click the Unlock Printables button below or 3 Dots icon in the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Create a free account with Grow.me and login.
*NOTE: We do not ask for ANY Credit card information on our lesson plans!! If you see any type of request, that’s not my site!
Step 3: That’s it! All download files will automatically be unlocked as long as you are logged in! If you’re already logged in, you’ll see the PDF preview and/or download button below.
Signing up will subscribe you to our email newsletter or update your subscription status if you previously unsubscribed. Our newsletter shares the latest weekly posts with timely and fun Singing Time ideas and new printable lesson plans!
👇 Download Here 👇
For another fun activity to review this month, try out this I Love to See the Temple Hidden Picture activity!
Did you try this I Love to See the Temple Emojis game in Primary? I can’t wait to hear how it went with your kiddos! Which of these emoji word strips did they like best?