Use this I Will Be Valiant Fill in the Blank singing time idea to see how well the kids remember the lyrics! It’s a great way to engage the older Primary kiddos and build in a ton of singing repetition with purpose.
I Will Be Valiant is a perfect song to include as part of the Come Follow Me Doctrine & Covenants Primary Songs List! I think it just goes so well with that year’s theme. But it’s also on the song list this year, too.
I Will Be Valiant Fill in the Blank
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play:
This singing time idea is best for Senior Primary, since it’s heavy on words.
Sing through I Will Be Valiant (lyrics here) once before introducing your activity.
Put the missing what comes next posters up on the board.
Ask for a volunteer to come up and fill in one missing word while you sing the song. This will let you sing through the song 9 times! Or double up and do 2 words per time through the song with two different helpers.
Any of the write-in keywords the kids now get to clap instead! Keep singing the ones that are blank or use our extension idea below for another fun option.
Continue singing through the song and filling in the missing word blanks until you’ve added them all. Then, singing with ONLY the filled in words for one final time through the song.
Missing Keywords: Valiant, Work, Teachings, People, Servant, Cov’nants (Covenants), Stand, Right, Depend
- For an added challenge, SKIP singing any of the words that are blank. Don’t worry, the kids will still be able to figure them out if you’ve spent any time with this song before. Or sing the missing words with everyone sticking their tongues out! It’ll make them silly and harder to understand, while still giving a clue!
- Scramble up the page order and have the kids put the posters back in order. Cut each sheet of paper in half (on the 4-page option).
- Bring a bunch of fun colorful writing utensils like markers, crayons, pastels, maybe even a watercolor paint set to make it even more fun to fill in the blank.
- Let the kids draw a picture instead of write the word (or do both). Then have the singers act out an action that matches the drawing while singing the word.
- Consider using this as your flip chart for the song!! The kids will love that they helped to make it!
If this activity was a hit with your Primary, head over to see our I Will Walk with Jesus What’s Next singing time idea for more inspiration!
I Will Be Valiant Fill in the Blank Printable Singing Time Song Helps
You’ll find a ready-to go fill in the blank chart in a condensed version (4 pages) or a 1-blank per page with a huge 120pt font (9 pages) to fit your Primary’s size and needs.
There’s also a handy reference sheet with ideas for using this activity in singing time with directions on how to play and fun extension ideas to adapt the lesson to your unique Primary and fit your available time.
How to Login to Unlock Downloads!
You can access ALL of our free lesson plans, flip charts, and other printables and downloads by subscribing! Grow.me is a really cool tool that lets you bookmark and save your favorite posts. See our FAQ page here if you need additional help!
Step 1: Click the Unlock Printables button below or 3 Dots icon in the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Create a free account with Grow.me and login.
*NOTE: We do not ask for ANY Credit card information on our lesson plans!! If you see any type of request, that’s not my site!
Step 3: That’s it! All download files will automatically be unlocked as long as you are logged in! If you’re already logged in, you’ll see the PDF preview and/or download button below.
Signing up will subscribe you to our email newsletter or update your subscription status if you previously unsubscribed. Our newsletter shares the latest weekly posts with timely and fun Singing Time ideas and new printable lesson plans!
👇 Download Here 👇
Head over next to see this fun I Will Be Valiant Team Pattern activity! It’s a great way to get all the kids involved in a super fun way with a simple pattern or work up to the full sequence.
Did you try out this I Will Be Valiant Fill in the Blank activity? How did it go in your Primary?