This fun I Will Be Valiant Picture Puzzle is a great way to add in tons of repetition and a great visual that works with the words. Let the kids put the picture puzzles back together, then start to remove the words from I Will Be Valiant that they know best!
*See 12 I Will Be Valiant Singing Time Ideas Here*
I Will Be Valiant Picture Puzzle
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play:
Sing through I Will Be Valiant (flip chart here) once before introducing this activity.
Explain that you need some help putting your picture back together. They got all messed up! Who wants to be one of my “valiant servants” and help me?
Have a volunteer come up and give them the pieces to the first puzzle. Can you unscramble the puzzle before we finish the song? Ready… Go!
Use magnet tape on the back of the pieces and the kids can assemble the puzzle right up on the board! Or, just let them assemble on a small table or on the floor.
Continue working your way through all 4 puzzles.
Now, you can switch to removing puzzle pieces. Let’s pick a piece to put away. Which one do you want to remove from each picture? Skip singing the missing words. They’ll continue by singing them silently in their head while the music continues to help them stay on rhythm.
More Ways to Use the I Will Be Valiant Picture Puzzle Singing Time Activity
- Have 4 volunteers come up front and do all 4 puzzles at the same time.
- Put the 4 picture puzzles into individual envelopes and split your Primary into small groups. Let them rotate between the groups and unscramble each picture puzzle while you sing the song together. Then, have them sing just their completed picture puzzle line. You can point for which group to sing for your non-readers.
- Intermix all 4 puzzles and have the pieces scattered around the board or around the room. Can they sort by picture/color and then get the puzzles in order? This is a good one to challenge the oldest kids in Senior Primary.
- Sing only the missing (removed) words or hum the missing words instead!
- For variety, you could add one of our more than 110 ways to sing cards and pick a different one for each picture / colored words. That would be a new silly way to sing each 2 lines of the song.
- You can also break the room into 2 or 4 groups and have them sing every other line or assign them a specific picture to sing the words of!
- Linda Schlauder had this cute idea to use pictures of the currently serving missionaries in her ward for the puzzles! Didn’t these turn out so cute!! Thanks for sharing your adaptation!
For another picture puzzle singing time, see our A Child’s Prayer Picture Puzzle. It magically flips over to reveal the assembled 2nd verse!
I Will Be Valiant Picture Puzzles
Printable Singing Time Lesson Plan
This printable lesson plan includes a 1-page guide to help you using this fun activity in singing time including extension ideas to help you adapt it to fit your Primary group.
You’ll also find a 4-page printable picture puzzles with or without cut lines. You can use the option without cut lines to make your own silly shaped puzzles or simply puzzles for younger children.
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already an email subscriber? Grab your printable below!
Head over next to see our I Will Be Valiant Clap Instead singing time idea! It’ll get the kids moving and focusing on some of the keywords in the song in a fun way.
Which of these fun I Will Be Valiant Picture Puzzle singing time ideas did you do in your Primary? How did it go in your Singing Time?
This post may also be available in: English Español