Get the kids involved in a fun Valentine’s Day group activity and puzzle with this Primary Songs Valentine Word Search game! It’s a fun way to include a wide variety of Valentine’s Day Primary Songs as part of your Singing Time with a fun game that’s print and play.
I’ve included a few fun ways to play so you can customize the game to best fit your Primary group or even print it out for your own children or Sunday School lessons.
Valentine’s Day Primary Songs Word Search
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play:
Print out the 1-page or 4-page large sized Primary song word search. You can also print out the word bank, answer key, and song list to help.
Have the Primary children look for the hidden words within the word search. You can go in order and work together as a Primary to try to find the first hidden row and simply go down the list.
This is helpful to keep the pianist ready for what’s next, but is not required. You can also simply tell the children to be looking for any of the words from the word list. Raise their hand if they find one of the hidden words.
Circle or color in the words as you find them and mark them off on the word bank. Then, sing through the matching song! You’ll most likely get through around 8-12 songs depending on your pacing, so the 15 song list should be able to cover your full 20 minute block.
- Have the children guess the Primary song from the hidden keyword. For example, what song might you sing for Family? Or Homecoming? You might include the list of keywords and the list of songs so they can try to find the match!
- Use the smaller word search and give one copy to each class. Let the class work together to find the first word. When all the groups have found the first word, then sing it together as a Primary. This option adds a lot of peer interaction, and more kids get to participate.
- Add a fun movement action, instrument, manipulative like scarves, or other mini-activity for each of the various songs!
- Have the kids pick the song they want to sing first, then match the keyword, then find it in the word search (do it all backwards!)
Primary Songs Valentine Word Search
Keyword Bank and Song List:
- FAMILY – A Happy Family #198z
- HOMECOMING – Daddy’s Homecoming #210
- JESUS – I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus #78
- SAVIORSLOVE – I Feel My Savior’s Love #74
- TEMPLE – I Love to See the Temple #9
- DIFFERENT – We Are Different – #263 (vs 3)
- REVERENCE – Reverence is Love #31
- LOVEISSPOKEN – Love is Spoken Here #190
- LOVEEVERYONE – Jesus Said Love Everyone #61
- CHILDSPRAYER – A Child’s Prayer #12 (vs 2)
- STAR – I Am Like a Star – #163
- MOTHER – Mother, I Love You #207
- LOVEONE – Love one Another #136
- FATHERLIVES – I Know My Father Lives #9
- WALKWITH – I’ll Walk with You #140
Continue below to grab the Valentine Word Search lesson plan and printables! But, if you’re looking for another darling idea to use for Valentine’s Day at home or in Primary, pop over to grab our Valentine’s Day Tic Tac Toe – in 3 printable sizes!
Primary Songs Valentine Word Search
I’m excited to share this cute printable with you! I’ve made it printable in 2 different formats – one a large poster size across 4 pages to use with a large group or a single page printable that can be used my small groups or even one per child! The printable files are linked at the bottom of this post.
This is great to let you extend the use to have fun with this Primary Word Search for Valentine’s Day as part of your Primary Come Follow Me lessons or for home study.
It also includes a 1-page overview with ideas of how to use this fun word search and a linked list to match the songs to the keywords. There are also a couple of options with song lists and word bank printables to fit however you end up using this fun singing time game.
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are completely free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! Membership is completely free (no credit card information requested — ever).
You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already a subscriber? Grab your printable just below this text!
See all of our favorite Primary Valentine’s Day Singing Time Ideas here!
What other fun ways could you use this Primary Songs Valentine Word Search game?