For a fun way to review Did Jesus Really Live Again this month, try out this Did Jesus Really Live Again Easter Eggs activity. This is activity can be very fun while also bringing the spirit into primary.
Since Easter is coming up, I wanted to come up with a fun singing time activity for Easter that would be fun for the kids while also keeping the reverence of this song. The words of this song are so sacred and tender that I try to keep activities for this song centered on Christ.
You will also love this full post with 15 fun Easter Singing Time Ideas!
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Did Jesus Really Live Again Easter Eggs
I cannot claim credit for this activity because it is one that I remember from my own primary years (we might have done something similar in young women’s too). I love this activity because it incudes symbols of Christ’s resurrection and teaches them in an engaging way.
For this activity, I will be gathering some (VERY) small objects that represent different symbols from Christ’s crucifixion and resurrection. The reason these objects need to be very small is because they will need to fit inside an Easter egg.
Here are some examples of items I came up with:
- A small stone
- A piece of white cloth
- A small nail or screw
- A paper with the word “Jesus” written on it
- A paper heart
- An empty egg to represent the empty tomb
For more ideas, you can head over to this idea that was designed for families but can be adapted with some of the ideas working for singing time, too! Resurrection Eggs Christ Centered Easter Activity.
If you want a done-for-you option, there’s this cute set of Resurrection Eggs with 12 eggs and objects on Amazon for a decent price!
Once you’ve chosen the items that you want to use, place one item in each Easter egg. Easter eggs are probably not hard to find at any store right now, but you can find this set of 50 Easter eggs on amazon if you are having a hard time finding some.
At the beginning of primary, show the children the easter eggs and explain that each one has something very special inside. While you sing, pass around the easter eggs. After singing through each verse once, open up one of the easter eggs and discuss what it means.
Here are some sample questions you might ask:
- What might this item symbolize?
- Why are you grateful for Jesus?
- How can we show our love to Jesus for what He did for us?
- We do not have to sacrifice as Christ did, but we can try to be like Him. How can we try to be like Him?
Continue passing around the eggs as you continue to sing this sweet song. Or, go for an Easter egg hunt! While singing the song, have children search for the Easter eggs!
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
- Prepare 4-5 easter eggs with items symbolizing Christ’s crucifixion and resurrection. Make sure each item is small enough to fit inside one easter egg.
- At the beginning of primary, show the children the closed easter eggs and tell them that each one has something very special inside.
- Begin singing through the Did Jesus Really Live Again Lyrics as a quick review.
- Begin singing the song a second time, this time passing around one of the easter eggs.
- After singing through one verse, invite one of the children to open the easter egg and reveal what’s inside. Briefly discuss the item and its meaning.
- Continue singing through the verses until all easter eggs have been opened.
Hot and Cold Easter Egg Hunt Adaptation:
To bring the Easter excitement into this activity, have one child leave the room while children choose a hiding place for one of the eggs. When the child returns, the children will sing Did Jesus Really Live Again while the child searches for the egg.
To help the child find the egg, children will sing louder when the seeker is close to the hidden egg, and softer when they are far away. My primary kiddos always love playing hot n cold, and they will love this fun Easter version even more!
- After you reveal the contents of each egg, continue to pass around the eggs. Have the pianist stop playing at a random spot. When the music stops, the person holding the egg has to say or sing the next line of the song!
- If you want to use this as an introduction activty, have the pianist play the accompaniment while you pass around the eggs.
- Hide the eggs around the room for an easter egg hunt! When someone finds an easter egg, they get to help lead the music!
Did Jesus Really Live Again Easter Eggs Printable
I’ve created a simple, one-page printable lesson plan to help you organize this activity. Included in the lesson plan is a set of instructions for the activity, as well as some extension ideas.
How to Login to Unlock Downloads!
You can access ALL of our free lesson plans, flip charts, and other printables and downloads by subscribing! Grow.me is a really cool tool that lets you bookmark and save your favorite posts. See our FAQ page here if you need additional help!
Step 1: Click the Unlock Printables button below or 3 Dots icon in the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Create a free account with Grow.me and login.
*NOTE: We do not ask for ANY Credit card information on our lesson plans!! If you see any type of request, that’s not my site!
Step 3: That’s it! All download files will automatically be unlocked as long as you are logged in! If you’re already logged in, you’ll see the PDF preview and/or download button below.
Signing up will subscribe you to our email newsletter or update your subscription status if you previously unsubscribed. Our newsletter shares the latest weekly posts with timely and fun Singing Time ideas and new printable lesson plans!
👇 Download Here 👇
For another way to introduce or review Did Jesus Really Live Again, check out this awesome Did Jesus Really Live Again Scripture Stories singing time activity!