Have fun singing I Love to See the Temple over and over with this fun Temple Match game! Plus, see below, for another interesting variant game option of playing Go Fish!!
I Love to See the Temple
Temple Match Game
I have created a document with 15 temples that are all a little bit different style to help showcase the variety of temples and locations around the world! You can use some or all of these, or add your own to the mix!
Pictures of just the temples can be more challenging for the kids to make an actual match. So if you’re hoping for a harder challenge — go for those!
How to Play the Temple Match Game:
– Pick out 4-15 temple pictures you’d like to include in your temple match game. Print out 2 copies of each picture on cardstock.
– Line up the pictures, in a random order, on the whiteboard. While you sing “I Love to See the Temple” have children take turns coming up to flip over 2 pictures, trying to make a match!
– Continue looking for matches until you’ve turned over all the pictures as matches!
– I would recommend 8-12 total pictures (4-6 matches) for JR primary and 16-24 total pictures (8-12 match sets) for Senior Primary. If you have a combined group, you might aim closer to the older kids’ group, as they’ll easily pick up the pictures the younger children reveal earlier in the game!
– Talk about how different all the beautiful temples are, around the world, but that they all share the exact same meaning and purpose. Inside, the temples have the same facilities for baptisms and other ordinances!
Temples included in the Temple Match Printable Game:
- Mesa, Arizona
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Oakland, California
- Provo, Utah
- Rome, Italy
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Jordan River, Utah
- Kirtland, Ohio
- Laie, Hawaii
- Logan, Utah
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Madrid, Spain
- Gilbert, Arizona
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Manhattan, New York
Temple Match Game for
I Love to See the Temple
This document includes a quick introduction sheet to help you file and store this game for future use! Then, included in the Temple Match Game are 15 different temples from around the world with their location typed below the picture.
You can pick and choose which temples you’d like to include within your match game. Just select which pages to print during the print menu and you can print only the select pages you’ll need! Keep in mind, you will need 2 of each picture!
Click here —> I Love to See the Temple – Match Game
Temple Match Half Sheet:
Plus, for those that need it, here’s a smaller version with just a single half sheet per temple! Each page has a duplicate copy of each temple so you can simply pick your page numbers needed and make a single copy!
Temple Go Fish Alternate Game Idea:
For a fun twist, you could alternatively try playing “Temple Go Fish!” Print out 4 of each temple picture you’d like to include. Then, post the pictures that belong to the collective class (or half the room) on a portable whiteboard.
Face the board towards the kids, and away from you. Start with 3-4 temple pictures. Then, they can ask if you have a particular temple in your hand and seek out matches! Each side gets to make a match between each round of singing through the song!
What other fun alternative games could you use these beautiful temple pictures for?