Use purposeful movement to help the kids learn the words in this Search, Ponder and Pray action words activity! It’s a super easy, no-prep activity.
You can print out the corresponding lesson plan below, or simply head into Primary and have the kids help you come up with actions as you sing through the song!
** See 15 fun Search Ponder and Pray Singing Time Ideas here! **
Search Ponder and Pray Action Words
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play:
Pick out keywords from the song to make a simple hand action for.
You can use all the actions below, or just select a few with more space between the actions.
The picture icons on the second page can be helpful to show the hand actions, especially when skipping every other one on the challenge round!
Sing the song through only following the actions (they can skip singing)
Then sing together with the actions and the words
As a challenge round – see if they can do only every other action! It’s tough!
You can make actions together with the kids, or use my actions outlined below!
– Love = Make a heart with your hands
– Read the Holy Scriptures = Form a book with your hands
– Time = Point to your wrist (watch)
– Feel the Spirit = Give yourself a warm hug
– grow within my heart = Hand spring upward like a plant growing
– testimony = ASL for “testimony” is on hand up high near your head with the palm facing to the right. Shake the hand forward twice. https://www.signingsavvy.com/sign/TESTIMONY/7580/1
– they’re true = nod head dramatically
– search = Make binoculars over your eyes with your hands
– Ponder = One finger on your temple and your other hand under your elbow, like you’re thinking
– Pray = Hands clasped together
– I must do = pound closed fists one on top of the other twice
– Spirit will guide = Use two hands near each other and bring them forward showing a clear path
– deep inside = Finger pointing inward towards yourself
– Know = point to temple/brain
– Scriptures = Form a book with your hands
– are true = nod head dramatically
For another fun and similar singing time idea using actions, see our A Child’s Prayer Simple Actions singing time idea using emojis!
Search Ponder and Pray Action Words Printable Singing Time Lesson Plan
This Search, Ponder and Pray Action Words printable can help you learn and lead the action words. Included is a sheet of pictures/icons that correlate with my set of action words that can be posted to help the kids follow along with your actions!
It can also be a good resource for filling in blanks on a poster board or other simple activities!
How to Login to Unlock Downloads!
You can access ALL of our free lesson plans, flip charts, and other printables and downloads by subscribing! Grow.me is a really cool tool that lets you bookmark and save your favorite posts. See our FAQ page here if you need additional help!
Step 1: Click the Unlock Printables button below or 3 Dots icon in the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Create a free account with Grow.me and login.
*NOTE: We do not ask for ANY Credit card information on our lesson plans!! If you see any type of request, that’s not my site!
Step 3: That’s it! All download files will automatically be unlocked as long as you are logged in! If you’re already logged in, you’ll see the PDF preview and/or download button below.
Signing up will subscribe you to our email newsletter or update your subscription status if you previously unsubscribed. Our newsletter shares the latest weekly posts with timely and fun Singing Time ideas and new printable lesson plans!
👇 Download Here 👇
You’ll also love this fun and engaging Search Ponder and Pray Scripture Hunt activity! It’s patterned after “I’m Going on a Bear Hunt!”
What other fun ways could you use these Search Ponder and Pray Action words in singing time?