Use purposeful movement to help the kids learn the words in this Search, Ponder and Pray action words activity! It’s a super easy, no-prep activity.
You can print out the corresponding lesson plan below, or simply head into Primary and have the kids help you come up with actions as you sing through the song!
** See 15 fun Search Ponder and Pray Singing Time Ideas here! **
—> Click to Pin/Save This Post! <—
Search Ponder and Pray Action Words
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play:
Pick out keywords from the song to make a simple hand action for.
You can use all the actions below, or just select a few with more space between the actions.
The picture icons on the second page can be helpful to show the hand actions, especially when skipping every other one on the challenge round!
Sing the song through only following the actions (they can skip singing)
Then sing together with the actions and the words
As a challenge round – see if they can do only every other action! It’s tough!
You can make actions together with the kids, or use my actions outlined below!
– Love = Make a heart with your hands
– Read the Holy Scriptures = Form a book with your hands
– Time = Point to your wrist (watch)
– Feel the Spirit = Give yourself a warm hug
– grow within my heart = Hand spring upward like a plant growing
– testimony = ASL for “testimony” is on hand up high near your head with the palm facing to the right. Shake the hand forward twice. https://www.signingsavvy.com/sign/TESTIMONY/7580/1
– they’re true = nod head dramatically
– search = Make binoculars over your eyes with your hands
– Ponder = One finger on your temple and your other hand under your elbow, like you’re thinking
– Pray = Hands clasped together
– I must do = pound closed fists one on top of the other twice
– Spirit will guide = Use two hands near each other and bring them forward showing a clear path
– deep inside = Finger pointing inward towards yourself
– Know = point to temple/brain
– Scriptures = Form a book with your hands
– are true = nod head dramatically
For another fun and similar singing time idea using actions, see our A Child’s Prayer Simple Actions singing time idea using emojis!
Search Ponder and Pray Action Words Printable Singing Time Lesson Plan
This Search, Ponder and Pray Action Words printable can help you learn and lead the action words. Included is a sheet of pictures/icons that correlate with my set of action words that can be posted to help the kids follow along with your actions!
It can also be a good resource for filling in blanks on a poster board or other simple activities!
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already an email subscriber? Grab your printable below!
You’ll also love this fun and engaging Search Ponder and Pray Scripture Hunt activity! It’s patterned after “I’m Going on a Bear Hunt!”
What other fun ways could you use these Search Ponder and Pray Action words in singing time?
This post may also be available in: English Español
3 thoughts on “Search Ponder and Pray Action Words”
Love it! I just wish you had the second verse actions too.
How can I print Search Ponder and Pray action words helps from your blog?
The link for the printable is at the bottom of the post!