Use purposeful movement to help the kids learn the words in this Search, Ponder and Pray action words activity! It’s a super easy, no-prep activity. You can print out the corresponding lesson plan below, or simply head into Primary and have the kids help you come up with actions as you sing through the song!
Search, Ponder and Pray
How to Play:
– Pick out keywords from the song to make a simple hand action for.
– You can use all the actions below, or just select a few with more space between the actions.
– The picture icons on the second page can be helpful to show the hand actions, especially when skipping every other one on the challenge round!
– Sing the song through only following the actions (they can skip singing)
– Then sing together with the actions and the words
– As a challenge round – see if they can do only every other action! It’s tough!
– You can make actions together with the kids, or use my actions outlined below!
– Love = Make a heart with your hands
– Read the Holy Scriptures = Form a book with your hands
– Time = Point to your wrist (watch)
– Feel the Spirit = Give yourself a warm hug
– grow within my heart = Hand spring upward like a plant growing
– testimony = ASL for “testimony” is on hand up high near your head with the palm facing to the right. Shake the hand forward twice. https://www.signingsavvy.com/sign/TESTIMONY/7580/1
– they’re true = nod head dramatically
– search = Make binoculars over your eyes with your hands
– Ponder = One finger on your temple and your other hand under your elbow, like you’re thinking
– Pray = Hands clasped together
– I must do = pound closed fists one on top of the other twice
– Spirit will guide = Use two hands near each other and bring them forward showing a clear path
– deep inside = Finger pointing inward towards yourself
– Know = point to temple/brain
– Scriptures = Form a book with your hands
– are true = nod head dramatically
Search, Ponder and Pray
Action Words Printable
This Search, Ponder and Pray Action Words printable can help you learn and lead the action words. Included is a sheet of pictures/icons that correlate with my set of action words that can be posted to help the kids follow along with your actions! It can also be a good resource for filling in blanks on a poster board or other simple activities!
Click here —> to Print Search, Ponder and Pray Action Words Activity