Hello, I’m thrilled you are here!
My name is Janel and I am a mother of 5 boys, including one angel watching over us from heaven.
I was raised in the LDS church and loved the Primary songs. They are still often a source of comfort or inspiration. While I love the songs, I don’t feel blessed with musical talents. I can’t lead, can’t sing with confidence, and I don’t love being in front of a group of people.
I was terrified when I was called as a Primary music leader in February of 2017. I cried when I got the call, and worried, and stressed. How would I be able to do this? Fast forward just a month into the calling and it was already easily my favorite calling! While I’m definitely not perfect with all of the above (singing/leading) I just love working with the kids, being creative every week, and teaching the gospel in such a unique and impactful way.
This website began after sharing a couple of first primary singing time posts over on my main blog that I have worked on creating recipes, parenting ideas, and other content for over 8 years! After a few of the posts received a lot of traction, I thought it was the right time to branch off.
Primary Singing was started to more easily organize, display, and categorize all of my ideas to give you resources to help you with your own Singing Time lesson plans. I hope you love it around here! The best way to help this little site grow is by sharing what you love on Facebook, Pinterest, or even email!
Thanks for visiting, and happy singing time!
If you need to get in touch with any questions,
concerns, or ideas – email me at:
VISIT MY OTHER BLOGS
A Mom’s Take – A Parenting Resource Site
Simple Sweet Recipes – Sweet & Easy Recipes
Surprise Usborne Books – A Peek Inside Usborne Books & More
Freeze Dry Foodie – My latest obsession is freeze drying food, at home!
WRITE FOR ME
You may have seen much less new content on this little blog. I absolutely loved my calling and cried even more the day they released (October 2019) me than the day they called me. Now, I’m a boring Relief Society Secretary.
I do still have a lot of ideas I want to add and share on this blog, but as a busy mom those ideas are often shuffled to the back burner. So… I’m looking for YOU!
If you are a current or previous Primary Music Leader and love the type of content I have shared here and want a little side gig writing and sharing your singing time ideas – please reach out! You can email me directly or use this inquiry form.
- Be creative and enthusiastic
- Be able to take top quality photos of your projects
- Have a fun personality that shows in your writing
- Be responsible, able to meet deadlines, and follow through with commitments.
- Create an easy to follow printable lesson plan for a particular Primary Song (or a song review game) with an outline and any additional/extension ideas.
- Copy the lesson plan outline into a blog post and expand on any details, turning the printable lesson plan into a blog-style post.
- Include 3-4 photos of the game, activity, printables, or whatever else might fit to help the post be engaging.
- Share the post on the LDS Primary Music Leaders Facebook Group and on my blog Pinterest page.
- You will be paid monthly for each completed post you write, via PayPal.
- Compensation of $25 per complete post.
- Bonus compensation on for-purchase printables for my shop.
- Please look through my blog here to get a sense of the type of content and blog posts you would be creating. This is the easiest way to see if you would feel at “home” writing here on this blog!
- I can train new writers that haven’t blogged before, as needed. Blogging can be a little intimidating at first and it will likely take longer to write posts for new bloggers, but it’s pretty fun and easy once you catch on!
- I am also happy to have a brainstorming session to come up with a series of ideas around a song to help make it easy to run with one song and create a series of posts relatively easily. I have a brainstorming worksheet available that is really easy to use for this, as well.
DISCLAIMER & USE POLICY
If you have any questions about how you can use the files on this site or are seeking information on our privacy policies, disclaimers, and other information – please visit this post explaining all of our disclaimers, use policies, privacy practices, and terms and conditions of this website.