I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus Singing Time Ideas & Flip Chart
This packet includes 7 different ways to teach I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus song with printable lesson plans and visual aids to help with teaching in Primary! Plus, a custom art printable flip chart!
✅ This printable file includes:
** I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus Flip Chart – Includes color, black and white, landscape, and portrait with multiple font sizing to fit your needs.
1. Dominoes – Use two dominoes as your homemade instrument to bring the song to life in a unique and fun way following the beat.
2. Scripture Stories – Share specific stories from Christ’s life to help connect with the lyrics.
3. Song Story – Share this sweet song story while teaching the song.
4. Secret Mission – Assign a secret task to specific words in the song lyrics and see if the kids can decode what the secret action is in this fun and interactive activity.
5. Color Code – Decode different lyrics in the song with this fun and challenging color code activity.
6. Word Shapes – Match the letters to the right spots they go to reveal the hidden 2 phrases from the song lyrics.
7. Following His Ways Game – This cute board game has each word represented as one space of the game board as they sing through the song with a mix of a few mixed groups of who sings.
* Dominoes, Secret Mission, and Color Code were designed to use to teach both verses. Word Shapes and Song Story are designed for the 1st verse. The Following His Ways Game and Scripture Stories activity aren’t verse specific and can be use with either verse.
???? “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus” © 1980 by Janice Kapp Perry. Used by Permission.
???? All files are digital print files only and will be delivered digitally.
Due to the digital nature of this product, all sales are final once they have been downloaded. If you have concerns or questions, please message me and I’ll do my best to help!
???? Print Size & Use:
Each page is designed to print on 8.5″ x 11″ printer paper or cardstock. You can also print on A4 paper size with an extra margin at the top and bottom of the page. Adjust your printer settings to fit the print to page with your paper size settings. You will need a PDF reader software, such as Adobe Acrobat reader which is a (available as a free software) to view and print this file.
All files are available for your own personal and church use only. They may not be shared or distributed beyond your own personal and church use. My work is protected by copyright laws and cannot be recreated, resold, or modified.
???? This item is also available for purchase in my Etsy shop here if you prefer to shop through that platform.
⭐ Join the INSTANT Primary Singing membership for savings and more monthly singing time ideas!
???? LOVE IT? Please leave a review to help others!