This packet includes 7 different ways to teach The Iron Rod hymn with printable lesson plans and visual aids to help with teaching in Primary! Plus a beautiful custom art flip chart.
✅ This printable file includes:
** The Iron Rod Flip Chart – Includes color, black and white, landscape, and portrait with multiple font sizing to fit your needs. (Includes verses 1-3).
1. Pipe Chimes – Add this special part for playing your pipe chimes as you learn this song.
2. Movement Words – Use fun movement that matches keywords as you get up and move!
3. First Letters – Sing using only the first letters! Can you put them in order?
4. Pass the Iron Rod – Pass around a paper iron rod. Pause the music and sing the next word.
5. Picture Puzzle – Use this visual picture puzzle of the song to match the words.
6. Mad Gab – Read your mad gab picture phrases as you learn the lyrics and sing!
7. Paper Plates – Use two paper plates to follow along a fun rhythm pattern.
*Picture Puzzle and Mad Gab were designed for the 1st verse. The other activities can be used to teach any of the verses.
“The Iron Rod” words by Joseph L. Townsend (1849–1942) music by William Clayson (1840–1887). Used under public domain.
All files are digital print files only and will be delivered digitally.
Due to the digital nature of this product, all sales are final once they have been downloaded. If you have concerns or questions, please message me and I’ll do my best to help!
Print Size & Use:
Each page is designed to print on 8.5″ x 11″ printer paper or cardstock. You can also print on A4 paper size with an extra margin at the top and bottom of the page. Adjust your printer settings to fit the print to page with your paper size settings. You will need a PDF reader software, such as Adobe Acrobat reader which is a (available as a free software) to view and print this file.
All files are available for your own personal and church use only. They may not be shared or distributed beyond your own personal and church use. My work is protected by copyright laws and cannot be recreated, resold, or modified.
This item is also available for purchase in my Etsy shop here if you prefer to shop through that platform.
⭐ Join the INSTANT Primary Singing membership for savings and more monthly singing time ideas!
LOVE IT? Please leave a review to help others!