Are you looking for a super fun no-prep singing time idea for Winter? You’ll love this easy game that can be used throughout the winter months when you don’t have a time to make a plan, just pull out these snowballs and sing through the Primary children’s favorite Primary songs!
See 100+ Christmas Singing Time Ideas here for more perfect winter activities!
Snowball Fight Singing Time Game
How to Play:
Put one snowball paper on each child’s chair before Primary begins or pass them out to the teachers to hand out to the children.
Invite the children to write their favorite Primary song on the snowball. You can optionally have the children add their name as well. Then, crunch it up into a ball – a paper snowball!
Bring a laundry basket and have the children toss their snowballs up front, trying their best to make a basket if possible! You can invite a child or two to quickly collect the rest that don’t make it into the basket.
Draw a snowball out of the basket and open it up to reveal the song selection. Sing through that song! If you have the children write their name on the snowball, invite them to come up front to help you lead the music.
- Draw out two snowballs and let the children vote on which one they’d most like to sing. You can have them raise their hand or stand up as you reach each song name. If you get a match, maybe you pick a fun way to sing instead!
- Have someone in the Primary presidency grab the basket of snowballs and open up all the snowballs and sort them by song title. Sing through them with the most requested song first and work your way down the list. You can start with a randomly drawn song from the snowballs or pick a song to begin with ahead of time.
- Divide the room into 2 groups. Mark 3 different goals on the board – 1 point, 2 points, and 3 points. Take turns tossing a snowball and aiming for the points. Keep a running tally for each team. Let the winning team with the most points get to pick a fun way to sing your final song!
- Cover the board with the snowballs (without crinkling them). Then, invite a helper to come up and toss a snowball bean bag at the board to select which song to sing!
- Write ways to sing or different actions on the snowballs instead! You can write these yourself ahead of time and put them all over the board or add some ideas up on the board and let the kids fill in the snowballs. Then, sing through your choice of songs while you add one of the ways to sing from the snowball fight!
For another fun similar activity, head over to see this St Patrick’s Day Pot of God Bean Bag toss singing time activity!
Printable Song Helps
This free in-post printable includes a 1-page printable with 6 snowballs per page to easily print out a whole bunch of snowballs for your entire Primary room!
Join INSTANT Primary Singing for extended printables including 1/4 page, 1/2 page, and full page snowballs plus point cards. You’ll find these bonus files included in the December Book of Mormon packet.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Sing through a mix of different Christmas songs this year with thise cute Sing & Color Christmas Songbook that includes the lyrics and a coloring icon at the back of the book as you sing through different songs together.
What other fun ways will you use this singing time activity in your Primary room?