You’ll love this gorgeous flowers for mom mother’s day singing time activity! You’ll have the children collect a variety of different flowers and create a unique bouquet! Then, send home the paper flowers with your Primary children to gift to their mothers!
Flowers for Mom
How to Play:
Print out the flowers on cardstock. Cut them out and laminate them if you’d like them to be reusable. Cut out the vase. Write a verse # or way to sing on the back of the flowers.
Put the flowers up around the board. Place the vase in the middle of the board. You could also tape or glue the vase to a poster board so that the top is open but the edges of the vase are enclosed to hold the flowers.
Match the flower chosen with the way to sing card and sing through your chosen Mother’s Day song!
Continue to pick out flowers and add them to vase until you have a beautiful bouquet of flowers for mom and get through singing your song 8 +times!
Ways to Sing Ideas:
- Sway with hands – Hold hands with a friend next to you and gently sway your arm forward and back with the melody. As an alternate, just sway your hands from a seat.
- Balance on tiptoes – Try to stand on your tiptoes the whole song!
- Pat on keyword – Pat your lap on the specific keyword.
- Rock the Baby – Cradle your arms and rock your baby and body side to side.
- Blow a kiss – On a keyword instead of singing the keyword, blow a kiss!
- Whisper sing – Sing as quiet as you can, while still singing!
- Spin in a circle – Spin in slow circles throughout the song or spin on a keyword
- Echo singing – One side of the room sings, then the other side repeats sing the same line. You can do line by line, verse by verse, or the entire song.
- Have the children color a flower for their mom! They can add it to the bouquet, then bring it home to her after Primary.
- Let the kids take home your printed flowers. Tell them to put it on the somewhere they will see it to remember to practice singing the song so it’s ready for Mother’s Day!
- Hide the flowers around the room and let the children go hunting for flowers while you sing, then follow the directions on the back of the new flower.
For another similar activity, head over to grab these adorable General Conference puppets! They slot in to change out the speaker and recreate the scene!
Flowers for Mom Singing Time Printables!
This printable includes 8 pretty flowers and a vase to help you use this activity in singing time!
Because this was commissioned artwork, most of the files are only available in the membership or shop to recoup some of the costs to create this activity.
You’ll find TONS of additional printables included in the INSTANT Primary Singing membership for April New Testament. You’ll find 1/8 sheet, 1/4 sheet and full page ways to sing cards, black and white printables, and a couple of floral arrangements! Or, pickup the files in my shop!
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Head over to this awesome post with a printable list of Primary Mother’s Day songs to help you pick the perfect song to use with this activity.
What other fun ways could you use these flowers for mom in singing time?