Are you looking for a way to help encourage the children to practice and sing your Primary songs leading up to the Primary Program? This cute Music Practice Tracker and rewards chart can help encourage spending more time with music during the week.
It would also be perfect if you have a piano student in your home or that you teach that you’d love to help encourage keeping a practice log.
My Music Practice Tracker
How to Use:
- Extend an invite to the children to practice your Primary songs at home leading up to the program as often as possible!
- You can give it to them early enough that they have lots of time to complete all 30 spots.
- Or, let the Primary children fill in one music note for each song they sing.
- Use it to practice one or two specific songs that need extra help such as before Mother’s Day and practice a specific song on repeat up to 30 times to fill in the entire chart.
- This tracker can also be used to practice other instruments such as being used as a practice Piano log.
Ideas for Use:
Return the completed chart to fill in a Primary meter to earn a Primary party with a specific goal in mind.
Use each returned chart to help fill up “stretch goal” rewards. The party is earned either way, but the kids can help to earn additional treats for the party such as ice cream toppings.
Have a specific prize for each child that completes the chart (or a minimum number of filled in notes).
Possible rewards might include:
- Scripture bookmark
- CTR Ring
- Sheet of stickers
- Scripture markers
- Finger light (glue the battery compartment)
- Jingle bell bracelet
- Tote bag for scriptures
- A full-sized candy bar
- Goldfish package
- Pirate’s booty
Head over to this post to see 20+ Primary Program Review themes and ideas to help to track your song progress as a Primary!
Printable My Music Tracker Sheet
Use this flexible printable tracker sheet to let them log 30 days of practice to redeem for a reward! It doesn’t track a specific time frame but leaves it open ended to complete as they have time and attention available to sing along the songs.
If you’d like even more options, I’ll be including weekly and monthly specific music trackers as part of next month’s INSTANT Primary Singing membership. And, the full packet is also available in my Etsy Shop here.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
For another meaningful tracker, head over to see this printable New Testament Reading Chart bookmark!
What other fun ideas do you have for incorporating this cute music practice tracker into your Primary program review?