Jesus Once Was a Little Child Singing Time Ideas
✅ This packet includes 5 different ways to teach this song with printable lesson plans and visual aids to help with teaching.
1. Magic Crayon – Draw 4 shapes in the air and then reveal the hidden picture!
2. First Letters – Use the first letter of each word. Group letters by line. Cut, scramble, and then sort!
3. Foreign Language – Use alternate languages for the word “try.”
4. Yoga Poses – Get in some stretching and movement with 3 yoga poses. Child pose, Warrior 1 & Warrior 2.
5. Draw the Song – Have the children help you draw the song with one picture per line.
*All 5 activities can be used to teach either verse!
“Jesus Once Was a Little Child” words by James R. Murray (1841-1905) and music by Joseph Ballantyne (1868–1944). Used under public domain.
Get the Jesus Once Was a Little Child bundle with flip chart and save!
All files are digital print files only and will be delivered digitally.
Due to the digital nature of this product, all sales are final once they have been downloaded. If you have concerns or questions, please message me and I’ll do my best to help!
Print Size & Use:
Each page is designed to print on 8.5″ x 11″ printer paper or cardstock. You can also print on A4 paper size with an extra margin at the top and bottom of the page. Adjust your printer settings to fit the print to page with your paper size settings. You will need a PDF reader software, such as Adobe Acrobat reader which is a (available as a free software) to view and print this file.
All files are available for your own personal and church use only. They may not be shared or distributed beyond your own personal and church use. My work is protected by copyright laws and cannot be recreated, resold, or modified.
This item is also available for purchase in my Etsy shop here if you prefer to shop through that platform.
⭐ Join the INSTANT Primary Singing membership for savings and more monthly singing time ideas!
LOVE IT? Please leave a review to help others!