This packet includes 6 different ways to teach Keep the Commandments song with printable lesson plans and visual aids to help with teaching in Primary!
✅ This printable file includes:
1. Sway and Freeze – Sway with the melody then freeze on keywords! Use these frozen keywords or fill-in-the-blank lyrics posters.
2. First Letters – Decode the letter puzzle with the first letter for each word. Cut them out and scramble out of order for a harder challenge.
3. Scripture Questions – Connect the scriptures to why we focus on keeping the commandments.
4. Paper Plates – Follow a fun paper plates movement pattern with 4 simple movements.
5. Foreign Languages – Teach the phrase “keep the commandments” in a variety of languages.
6. Group Stories – Break the kids into small groups to teach about the commandments. Or, scramble up the commandments with the matching photos and find the match.
*Sway and freeze, First Letters, and Paper plates are designed for the 1st and/or 2nd verse. Scripture questions, group stories, and foreign language are designed for the 1st verse.
“Keep the Commandments” by Barbara A. McConochie © 1989 IRI. Arr. by Darwin Wolford, b. 1936. © 1986, 1989 Deseret Book Company. Used by permission.
All files are digital print files only and will be delivered digitally.
Due to the digital nature of this product, all sales are final once they have been downloaded. If you have concerns or questions, please message me and I’ll do my best to help!
Print Size & Use:
Each page is designed to print on 8.5″ x 11″ printer paper or cardstock. You can also print on A4 paper size with an extra margin at the top and bottom of the page. Adjust your printer settings to fit the print to page with your paper size settings. You will need a PDF reader software, such as Adobe Acrobat reader which is a (available as a free software) to view and print this file.
All files are available for your own personal and church use only. They may not be shared or distributed beyond your own personal and church use. My work is protected by copyright laws and cannot be recreated, resold, or modified.
This item is also available for purchase in my Etsy shop here if you prefer to shop through that platform.
⭐ Join the INSTANT Primary Singing membership for savings and more monthly singing time ideas!
LOVE IT? Please leave a review to help others!