If you love including the holidays in your Primary Singing Time lessons, then this post is for you! This list of St Patrick’s Day Primary Songs can help you come up with ideas for the perfect songs to include for the holidays.
I have to say, I think St Patrick’s Day might be the hardest one to come up with a concrete list of songs, but no worries! You can of course always use fun St Patrick’s Day Singing Time Ideas and just stick to the songs you are learning in Primary this year!
We are So “Lucky”
St Patrick’s Day Primary Songs
Pick an assortment of songs that talk about some of the many ways we are lucky as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! Here’s some ideas to get you started:
- I’m Thankful to Be Me #11
- My Heavenly Father Loves Me #228
- Count Your Blessings – Hymn #241
- I Love to See the Temple #95
- The Lord Gave Me a Temple #153
- The Church of Jesus Christ #77
- I Want to Live the Gospel #148
- When I Go to Church #157
Head over to our round-up post to pick the perfect St Patrick’s Day Singing Time Idea! More than 15 fun ideas including printables to make it easy to add any of these songs here or use a themed idea with your program songs.
Fun Themed St Patrick’s Day
LDS Primary Songs
Browse through these various themes of fun St Patrick’s Day Primary Songs and pick out your favorite song from each or stick to a specific theme for the focus of your Singing Time.
Best St Patrick’s Day Primary Songs with Theme:
- The Golden Plates #86 (Gold at the end of the rainbow)
- On a Golden Springtime #88 (vs 3 – Finding treasure in the Gospel!)
- When I Am Baptized #103 “I like to look for rainbows…”
- I Often Go Walking #202 “I often go walking in meadows of clover…”
- All Things Bright and Beautiful #231 (All creatures great and SMALL!)
- “Give” Said the Little Stream #236 (A very Irish setting!)
Making Good Choices:
- Hum Your Favorite Hymn #152
- Dare to Do Right #158
- Stand for the Right #159
- Choose the Right Way #160
- I Will Follow God’s Plan #164
- Teach Me to Walk in the Light #304
- Do What is Right – Hymn #27
- Choose the Right – Hymn #239
Honoring the Saints:
(St Patrick’s day is all about honoring Saint Patrick!)
- Follow the Prophet #110
- Latter-day Prophets #134
- We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet #19
- Praise to the Man – Hymn #27
- Come, Come, Ye Saints – Hymn #30
- Press Forward, Saints – Hymn #81
St Patrick was a Missionary:
- I Will Be Valiant #162
- A Young Man Prepared #166
- I Want to Be a Missionary Now #168
- I Hope They Call me on a Mission #169
- We’ll Bring the World His Truth #172
- Called to Serve #174
Primary Action Songs for St Patrick’s Day
Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes #275a
Instead of placing your hands on your knees and toes, instead, tap your knees together, then tap your toes together like a cute Leprechaun dance. You could also swap out mouth and nose for hat and beard.
If You’re Happy #266
– Tap your toes
– Snap your fingers
– Do a jig (dance move)
– Search for Gold (make your hands into binoculars)
Once There was a Snowman #249
Once there was a leprechaun, leprechaun, leprechaun
Once there was a leprechaun, silly, silly, silly.
In the spring he danced, danced, danced,
In the spring he danced, a jig, a jig, a jig.
Little Purple Pansies #244
Substitute out the words purple pansies to bright green clovers.
Ten Little Indians (Children’s Rhyme)
Substitute out the word Indians to Leprechauns
Printable St Patrick’s Day Song List
As a helpful reference, you can bookmark or pin this post to easily find it year after year. I’ve also created a 2-page printable St Patrick’s Day Song list that will be helpful to keep in your Singing Time Binder. For easy reference to all the links, and yearly updates with new songs, this post may still be your best go-to resource.
How to Login to Unlock Downloads!
You can access ALL of our free lesson plans, flip charts, and other printables and downloads by subscribing! Grow.me is a really cool tool that lets you bookmark and save your favorite posts. See our FAQ page here if you need additional help!
Step 1: Click the Unlock Printables button below or 3 Dots icon in the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Create an account with Grow.me and login.
Step 3: That’s it! All download files will automatically be unlocked as long as you are logged in! If you’re already logged in, you’ll see the PDF preview and/or download button below.
Signing up will subscribe you to our email newsletter or update your subscription status if you previously unsubscribed. Our newsletter shares the latest weekly posts with timely and fun Singing Time ideas and new printable lesson plans!
👇 Download Here 👇
Head over here next for another fun themed Primary Song List for Easter!
What other St Patrick’s Day songs could you incorporate in your Primary Singing Time lesson?