Jump right in with teaching When We’re Helping to your Primary children with this super fun themed activity all about sharing that even if the kiddos are little, they can still help, serve others, and show their love for others with their kindness! Use these 4 fun When We’re Helping Ways I Can Help activity for a low-prep activity the kids will love.
**See all When We’re Helping Singing Time Ideas here**
When We’re Helping Ways I Can Help
Sing through When We’re Helping (flip chart here) song once, before introducing this activity.
Show the children the 4 colorful pictures. There are lots of ways you can help! Here are 4 ways that we can try. What is one of the ways you can help?
Let them observe the images and come up with their own answers from the graphics. But here are some starters if you need help.
- Clean up my toys
- Play with my brother or sister
- Help make cookies for a friend
- Take care of the plants and flowers
Pick one of the 4 pictures that coordinate with the service idea the children shared and follow along with a fun action while you sing through the song to match the service. These are what I came up with, but they can be adapted to fit your own answers!
- Toys – Bend over and pick up a toy then stand up and place it on the shelf. Repeat through the song.
- Baby – Rock the baby to sleep or make silly faces to the baby.
- Bake – Stir the imaginary bowl while you sing.
- Flowers – Pretend to pick or water the flowers.
Sing through When We’re helping a handful of times picking different pictures from the set or the kids own ideas for how they can help around the house. Challenge them to try to do something this week to help a family member.
- Sing through the song together, then ask for a helper. Have them draw one of the cards randomly. Ask them to think of a service idea that might have to do with the picture. Skip the actions or ways to sing and just sing this short song again and start again.
- Write on the pictures some of the service ideas the kids come up with and see how many you can fill in for each picture!
- Let the kids color in the picture while you sing through the song. Or, they can color their own service ideas and fill up the board with lots of ideas for helping.
For another fun similar activity, head over to see this Help Me Dear Father Magic Crayon singing time activity!
When We’re Helping Ways I Can Help Printable Song Helps
This free in-post printable includes a 1-page printable with 4 ways the children can help cards to use with this fun lesson plan!
Join INSTANT Primary Singing for extended printables including a printable lesson plan, full page graphics, and black and white printables. You’ll find these bonus files included when the song When We’re Helping is the featured song of the month.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Head over to see our printable When We’re Helping Flip Charts!
What other fun ways will you use this When We’re Helping Ways I Can Help singing time activity in your Primary room?