Challenge your older Senior Primary children as you teach them I Know That My Redeemer Lives with this engaging activity. In this I Know That My Redeemer Lives Lyrics Order lesson plan you’ll cut out all the phrases that follow “He lives” and try to get them placed in the correct order.
* See all I Know That My Redeemer Lives Singing Time *
I Know That My Redeemer Lives Lyrics Order
Sing through I Know That My Redeemer Lives (flip chart here) once before introducing this activity.
Post all of the lyric strips up on the board out of order. Invite a child to come up and pick the first phrase of the song and put it in the center towards the top of the board. Sing through the song through again.
Invite another child to come up and find the next line of the song. The first two are pretty easy, and then we get a little trickier. Add the “He Lives” phrase and tell them to pay close attention to see which phrase comes first!
Continue to sing through the song and add the next line after each time you sing through the song.
When you have all the lines of the song on the board in the correct order, now you can flip one over! Have the kids sing either the words facing up or the ones hidden. They hidden group gets to sing fewer lines, but they’ll have to sing them from memory! Let the kids pick which part to sing (words or blanks).
- If this is your first time teaching this song, build up the song adding one new line at a time. Let the kids guess (silently) what one they think will come next. Then add the correct phrase! Sing from the beginning each time, singing through all the lines you have added so far.
- Put the word strips in an envelope and let the kids work together in small groups to unscramble the lyrics into the correct order.
- Let 2-3 children come up front and try to get all the word strips in the correct order while everyone else sings. Then start again with a new helper.
- Clap then Pat on “He lives” instead of singing those 2 words!
- Roll a dice to decide as a Primary to sing the phrases revealed or flipped over. Odd = Upside down, Even = Words.
- Scramble the pieces for more than one verse, and let the kids sort them correctly! You can use the colored version for an easier sort or just to help the kids keep the verses separate as they learn them.
For another lyrics lesson plan, head over to see this I Will Walk with Jesus Unscramble the Words singing time activity!
I Know That My Redeemer Lives Lyrics Order Printable Song Helps
This free in-post printable includes an easy to print 1-page of this lyrics order activity for the 1st verse!
Join INSTANT Primary Singing for extended printables including a printable lesson plan, lyrics order for the additional verses, and an alternate version plus color! You’ll find these bonus files included when I Know That My Redeemer Lives is the featured song of the month.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Jump over next for another engaging activity in this I Know That My Redeemer Lives Dance Scarves idea!
What other fun ways will you use this Lyrics Order singing time activity in your Primary room?