Spread some Christmas cheer with this fun Christmas Karaoke Caroling singing time idea! Keep singing time simple this month and sing your favorite Christmas songs together, karaoke style!
In this post, I’ve included a huge list of my favorite Christmas songs from the Children’s Songbook and hymnal. I’ve also included links to karaoke versions of several songs. Have some fun singing together in primary!
Christmas Karaoke Caroling
One of my absolute favorite Christmas traditions is Christmas caroling! Growing up, I loved singing carols around the piano and visiting neighbors. This holiday season, keep things simple and just sing together!
I’ve compiled a list below of some of my favorite Christmas carols that will likely be familiar to your primary kids. You may also want to reference this list of 100+ Christmas Primary Songs for Singing Time!
I’ve created this activity to be really flexible to fit your primary’s needs. Be sure to take a look at our extension ideas for some additional ways to use this activity in primary.
For this activity, you’ll want to have some reliable technology ready. If you want to keep things really simple, just bring a laptop or borrow a TV from your ward library. Compile a list of Christmas karaoke on YouTube or just search for songs as requested by the kids.
For some extra fun, borrow or bring in a simple karaoke machine with a mic. Many karaoke machines are easy to use and connect to your phone. This extra touch can be a great way to make it feel like real karaoke!
I would recommend having some kind of list with songs for the kids to choose from. I’ve included a simple printable with a list of Christmas carols to sing later in this post. This list will help reduce decision-making time so that you can have more time for singing!
Christmas Karaoke Songs
I’ve included several links to karaoke or singalong versions to Christmas songs in the primary songbook and hymnal. Depending on how well your primary children know each song, you may want to use a singalong version to have extra support.
You can choose whether to sing in small groups or have everyone sing together! If you have a large primary, you may want to divide up the class into a few groups to sing together. If your primary is small, you may have time for a few solos.
Primary Children’s Songbook:
- Christmas Bells (Pg. 54) – Christmas Bells Karaoke or Christmas Bells Sing Along
- Have a Very Merry Christmas (Pg. 51) – Have a Very Merry Christmas Sing Along
- Away in a Manger (Pg. 42) – Away in a Manger Karaoke or Away in a Manger Sing Along
- He Sent His Son (Pg. 34) – He Sent His Son Karaoke or He Sent His Son Sing Along
- Mary’s Lullaby (Pg. 44) – Mary’s Lullaby Sing Along
- The Shepherd’s Carol (Pg. 40) – The Shepherd’s Carol Karaoke or The Shepherd’s Carol Sing Along
- Who is the Child (Pg. 46) – Who is the Child Karaoke or Who is the Child Sing Along
- Oh, Hush Thee, My Baby (Pg. 48) – Oh Hush Thee My Baby Karaoke
- Once Within a Lowly Stable (Pg. 41) – Once Within a Lowly Stable Karaoke
- Picture a Christmas (Pg. 50) – Picture a Christmas Karaoke or Picture a Christmas Sing Along
- Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus (Pg. 36) – Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus Karaoke or Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus Sing Along
- Stars Were Gleaming (Pg. 37) – Stars Were Gleaming Karaoke or Stars Were Gleaming Sing Along
- The Nativity Song (Pg. 52) – The Nativity Song Karaoke or The Nativity Song Sing Along
- There Was a Stable on the Hillside (Pg. 40) – There Was a Stable on the Hillside Karaoke or There Was a Stable on the Hillside Sing Along
- Joy to the World (Pg. 201) – Joy to the World Karaoke or Joy to the World Sing Along
- Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful (Pg. 202) – O Come All Ye Faithful Karaoke
- Angels We Have Heard on High (Pg. 203) – Angels We Have Heard on High Karaoke
- Silent Night (Pg. 204) – Silent Night Karaoke or Silent Night Sing Along
- Once in Royal David’s City (Pg. 205) – Once in Royal David’s City Karaoke
- Away in a Manger (Pg. 206) – Away in a Manger Karaoke
- It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Pg. 207) – It Came Upon a Midnight Clear Karaoke
- O Little Town of Bethlehem (Pg. 208) – O Little Town of Bethlehem Karaoke
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (Pg. 209) – Hark! The Herald Angels Sing Sing Along
- The First Noel (Pg. 213) – The First Noel Karaoke or The First Noel Sing Along
- Carol to other classes near the end of the second hour block. Be sure to ask permission and let all the leaders know. Split the primary into small groups and have them sing a song or two for the Relief Society, Elder’s Quorum, and youth!
- Combine this karaoke activity with another fun Christmas singing time idea! This fun Christmas Spot It game makes for a fun way to choose the song or pick a fun way to sing!
- Turn your primary room into a campfire singalong! Decorate your room with twinkly lights, a Christmas tree, and a warm (imaginary) fire with wood and tissue paper. Sing around the fire and share favorite Christmas traditions.
For another fun similar activity, head over to see this Teach Me to Walk in the Light Sing Along Karaoke singing time activity!
Christmas Karaoke Caroling Printable Song Helps
This free in-post printable includes a two-page list with familiar Christmas songs from the Children’s Songbook and hymnal.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Head over to this Decorate the Christmas Tree Ornaments Christmas activity next!
What other fun ways will you use this Christmas karaoke singing time activity in your Primary room?