What better way to have fun in your Singing Time for Christmas than by decorating a tree together! You’ll adore this Decorate the Christmas Tree printable ornaments and activity idea.
Bring in a real Christmas tree or decorate a tree you draw up on the board with these cute colorful ornaments and a few different fun ways to play.
See 100+ Christmas Singing Time Ideas for more fun teaching activities and lesson plans for specific Christmas songs!
Decorate the Christmas Tree
Print out the ornaments you would like to include on a cardstock. Laminate them if you’d like to reuse these printables.
Bring in a small artificial Christmas tree. Or, you can simply draw one on the board or make a big paper one on a poster board.
Let a child come up front and pick out an ornament, then add it to your tree to decorate the tree with their ornament of choice.
Sing through your Christmas song of choice (or any song) with the coordinating themed way to sing. You can write these on the back of the ornaments or just use the cheat sheet.
Continue to pick a volunteer to pick an ornament, help decorate the tree, and then sing through your song pick with the fun way to sing.
Christmas Ways to Sing:
- Present – Pretend to wrap a present.
- Star – Twinkle your fingers like a star.
- Candy Cane – Sing with your tongue out.
- Holly – Clap on specific keywords.
- Randomly draw an ornament and let the kids draw it in while you sing! Show off all their cute unique Christmas trees at the end.
- Play a game of hot and cold using the Christmas ornaments! Hide them all around the room and let a child hunt for an ornament while you sing, then add it to the tree.
- Have the kids each pick an ornament. Have enough for all the children to pick from. Then, let them write their favorite song on the back of an ornament and hang it on the tree. Let a teacher or the Primary President pick an ornament, then sing that song!
- Write a Christmas song on the back of the ornaments instead!
For another fun seasonal activity, you will love this Primary Song Snowflakes idea!
Christmas Tree Ornaments Printable Song Helps
This free in-post printable includes 4 cute hand drawn Christmas ornaments with ways to sing and 1/2 page ornaments.
Join INSTANT Primary Singing for extended printables including 8 additional ornaments, 1/4 and full page sizes, more ways to sing, and black and white printables! You’ll find these bonus files included in the December New Testament packet!
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
For another fun similar activity, head over to see this Snowball Fight singing time activity!
What other fun ways will you use this singing time activity in your Primary room?