This fun Come Follow Me Picture Puzzles lesson plan is a great way to introduce the song.
This idea really ties in the words of the song and the meaning into a fun activity. It also allows a lot of participation, some movement, and lots of repetition of singing the song!
*See 25 great Come Follow Me Hymn Singing Time Ideas here*
Come Follow Me Picture Puzzles
These fun and simple activities can be used as part of your home study to engage the kids in your lesson plans or they are perfect for Primary Music Leaders!
How to Play:
Print out a copy of the picture puzzles you plan to use during singing time. Have 2-3 helpers come up to help work on the puzzle while the rest of the Primary sings through the song Come, Follow Me. Pick new helpers and continue until the puzzle is assembled.
- Hide puzzle pieces around the room
- Let each child put one piece together from the puzzle
- Share a brief story on how the picture correlates to Christ’s invitation to follow him.
- Let each child take home a puzzle piece as a reminder of the invitation to follow him.
- Frame the completed puzzles to use on your bulletin board. The kids will love seeing something they worked on repurposed as art!
If your kids loved this activity, they’ll also really enjoy this fun A Child’s Prayer Picture Puzzle that breaks up the lyrics with meaningful graphics.
Christ Picture Come Follow Me Picture Puzzles Printable Lesson Plan
This printable includes 6 total puzzles. There are 3 pictures from the LDS.org Media Library resource with a simple puzzle overlay. You can make your own puzzles by cutting a picture from Christ’s life.
You can create a puzzle by cutting it into long skinny strips, fat squares, or cut actual puzzle piece shapes from the picture.
For the next singing time idea in our series, head over to see this Come Follow Me Sand Blocks pattern for a fun way to help the music come to life!
What other ideas do you have for using this Come Follow Me Picture Puzzles activity?