For a super fun and engaging way to teach Did Jesus Really Live Again in your Primary room, you’re going to LOVE this activity! It will excite and thrill the kiddos as you magically reveal these Did Jesus Really Live Again Shadow Pictures!
Did Jesus Really Live Again Shadow Pictures
How to Play:
Sing through Did Jesus Really Live Again (flip chart) once, before introducing this activity.
Hang the pictures up on the whiteboard with the cover sheet (or colored paper). This will hide the picture until you either uncover or shine a light through the backside.
Let the children pick one to reveal. Shine a light from the back side of the picture to magically show the picture through the cover sheet. You may want to slightly darken the room to better show the pictures with the light from behind.
Ask the children what did they notice in the picture? Can they crack the image code? What line of the song does it represent?
Sing through the song again while the children listen for the right line to match. Have them raise their hands when they think they know the right part of the song!
Now, pick another poster and repeat – reveal the picture and try to decode the line of the song. Sing through the song to try to pick out the correct line.
After you’ve revealed all of the pictures, you can reveal 2, and cover 2. Sing through the song only singing the covered pictures (or revealed pictures for an easier challenge).
- Start with the pictures all out of order. Reveal a picture, then rearrange until they’re all in the right order.
- Add a coordinating action to represent the line of the song to do whenever you get to the picture for that part.
- Have the children hold your pictures, and a flashlight. Have them shine a light on their picture when it’s their line of the song. Everyone can follow along with the visual helps.
- Print two of each picture and play a game of match! Can you find the pair?
- Scramble all of the picture and play a game like a game of Simon where you have to touch the colors in the correct order. Flip them in sequence and see if you can get all 4 in the correct order. If not, flip them over and try again! The senior Primary will love the challenge!
For another fun singing time activity with a similar feel, head over to see the Magic Paper Towel Art singing time idea!
Did Jesus Really Live Again Shadow Pictures Printable Cards
This free printable includes the black and white shadow picture cards for the 1st verse! It’s just a single page printable and you can print the grey page or add your own colored printer paper to cover the images.
You’ll find a bonus printable lesson plan, colored shadow picture cards, additional cards for the 2nd and 3rd verse, plus a full page printable option included in the INSTANT Primary Singing membership when Did Jesus Really Live Again is the featured song of the month.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
For another fun way to teach this song, head over to see this Did Jesus Really Live Again Eraser Pass activity!
What other fun ways could you extend or adapt this Did You Think to Pray shadow pictures activity?