For a fun way to review, or reinforce, In My Father’s Hands father’s day song, you can use this fun In My Father’s Hands Missing Words match game. This lesson is best for Senior Primary, but pop over to this Picture Word Match for younger kids or combined primary groups!
In My Father’s Hands Missing Words Match
The idea behind this lesson plan is like a classic match game with options down the left and the spaces to fill in on the left out of order. You can have the kids fill in the blanks with the scattered options or draw a line to match the match, keeping them mixed for more of a challenge!
How to Play Missing Words Match:
- Print out the pages for the verses you want to use. Alternatively, you can also just write the lyrics right up on the whiteboard.
- Cut out the word strips and arrange them on one side of the board out of order.
- Have the children come up and draw a line from the missing word blank to the correct word on the side of the whiteboard. Or, alternatively, you can move the missing words to fill in the blank. Keeping them out of order will add to the challenge, and fun!
- Sing only the original words and the added words, skipping any still blank.
- Sing only the missing word blanks, silently singing all the original words from the board.
- Have one side of the room sing the main words and the other side of the room sing the blanks (and filled in words).
- Hide the word strips under chairs, then have those children come up as your helper, once at a time, in order of the missing words while everyone sings through the song.
In My Father’s Hands Printable Words Match
This printable In My Father’s hands Missing Words Match game includes the words with blanks and missing words for the 1st verse of the song. Just follow the lesson plan above with any of the extension ideas to make a fun lesson plan for your Primary room!
You’ll find additional missing word posters for the additional verses plus a printable lesson plan included in the INSTANT Primary Singing membership for May New Testament.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Head over here to see more ideas for teaching In My Father’s Hands!