For younger Primary groups or combined primaries, this picture based game will be fun for all ages! In My Father’s Hands Picture Word Match combines a little bit of a traditional match game with a different approach, to add more variety!
In My Father’s Hands Picture Word Match
In this game, you’ll have all of the words and pictures faced up and scrambled up on the board and let the children “hunt” for the different matches as they work their way through the song.
You can also head over to the In My Father’s Hands Word Match gamefor your Senior primary!
How to Play:
– Print out the pages for the verses you have taught or want to learn / review.
– Cut out and separate the words and the pictures. Split the board with one half of the board with words and the other half of the board with pictures. Or have them all scrambled together, if you prefer.
– Have the children pick a word phrase first, then read it out loud for the younger children that need help. Then, ask the child to find the matching picture for the keyword. Put them together at the top of the board, arranging them in order as you add more and more words/picture combos.
– Have all the pictures and/or all the words faced upside down, for a harder challenge. Let the children flip over the cards looking for a match. They can pick the word, then flip and flip until they find the right picture, or vice versa with picture first in Senior Primary.
– Skip sing the song singing only the combinations up on the board. Now, sing every other word combo, instead. Or half of the room sing one card, then the other side sing the next card and back and forth.
In My Father’s Hands Picture Match Printable for Singing Time
This free in-post printable includes graphics and keywords for the 1st verse (3 pages).
You’ll find additional graphics for the 2nd and 3rd verse included in the INSTANT Primary Singing Membership in the May New Testament packet!
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Head over here to see 6 different In My Father’s Hands Singing Time Ideas!
What other fun ways could you use these picture word match cards?