For younger Primary groups or combined primaries, this picture based game will be fun for all ages! In My Father’s Hands Picture Word Match combines a little bit of a traditional match game with a different approach, to add more variety!
—> Click to Pin/Save This Post! <—
In My Father’s Hands Picture Word Match
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
In this game, you’ll have all of the words and pictures faced up and scrambled up on the board and let the children “hunt” for the different matches as they work their way through the song.
You can also head over to the In My Father’s Hands Word Match gamefor your Senior primary!
How to Play:
– Print out the pages for the verses you have taught or want to learn / review.
– Cut out and separate the words and the pictures. Split the board with one half of the board with words and the other half of the board with pictures. Or have them all scrambled together, if you prefer.
– Have the children pick a word phrase first, then read it out loud for the younger children that need help. Then, ask the child to find the matching picture for the keyword. Put them together at the top of the board, arranging them in order as you add more and more words/picture combos.
– Have all the pictures and/or all the words faced upside down, for a harder challenge. Let the children flip over the cards looking for a match. They can pick the word, then flip and flip until they find the right picture, or vice versa with picture first in Senior Primary.
– Skip sing the song singing only the combinations up on the board. Now, sing every other word combo, instead. Or half of the room sing one card, then the other side sing the next card and back and forth.
In My Father’s Hands Picture Match Printable for Singing Time
This lesson plan for In My Father’s Hands Picture Word Match is 11-pages. With 3 pages for each of the first two verses and then 4 pages for the final verse. Plus, a summary how to play page for easy reference!
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already an email subscriber? Grab your printable below!
Head over here to see 6 different In My Father’s Hands Singing Time Ideas!
What other fun ways could you use these picture word match cards?
This post may also be available in: English Español