When we choose to look for blessings, it is easy to see the Lord’s hand in each one of our lives. This I Feel My Savior’s Love Things We See activity is a great way to introduce this beautiful song in primary.
This activity can actually work in 2 of our learning styles! Since we’ll be talking about things we can see and sharing beautiful pictures, this can be a great visual activity. However, this activity also involves sharing testimonies of ways that we feel love from our Savior, so it’s a great spiritual activity too!
*See all I Feel My Savior’s Love Singing Time Ideas*
I Feel My Savior’s Love Things We See
I am so excited to use this activity in primary! Many children are visual learners, so this activity will be an excellent way to introduce or review I Feel My Savior’s Love in primary!
In this activity, I’ll be inviting children to share different examples of things they see that help them feel loved by Christ. To help them get thinking, I’m going to put some pictures up around the room.
To prep for this activity, start by thinking about some ways that you feel the Savior’s love. Is there a picture of those things? Here are some ideas I came up with:
Things We See Picture List:
Once you have a list of 8-10 items, start to look for pictures of those items. Maybe you have a picture of the temple in your home? Bring it in! Bring your favorite picture of your family!
I’ve created a printable lesson plan that includes some pictures that you might choose to use for this activity or add to your list. Simply print out these pictures and tape them around the room or on the chalk board.
If you’re introducing this song for the first time, start singing time by having children look at the pictures around the room. See if they can guess what all the pictures have in common!
Then, explain that each of the pictures represents something we can see that testifies of Christ’s love for us. Invite the children to think of some things they see that help them feel the Savior’s love.
Alternatively, you could give each child a piece of paper and invite them to draw something that reminds them of Jesus’ love for them. Then, start teaching I Feel My Savior’s Love with this flip chart!
- Collect 8-10 pictures or physical items of objects that might help use remember the Savior’s love for us. If using pictures, print and cut out pictures.
- Bring your items to primary and set them up before singing time. You might choose to tape pictures around the room like a “gallery” or post them on the whiteboard.
- At the beginning of primary, invite the children to look at the items/pictures and see if they can identify something that all the pictures have in common.
- Explain that each of these items can help remind us of the Savior’s love for us. Invite the children to share other things that help them feel loved.
- Then, start teaching the first verse of I Feel My Savior’s Love
- Give each child a piece of paper and some crayons at the beginning of primary. Invite them to draw something they can see that helps remind the children of the Savior’s love for them. Allow children to share their drawings as you begin teaching the song.
- To use as a review activity, post “things we see” pictures around the room. On the back of each picture, write a fun way to sing the song. For example, you might have them stand on one foot or walk in a circle while they sing!
- While you review the song, draw something you see that testifies of the Savior’s love. See if the children can guess what the drawing is! Then, give them a turn!
For another activity based on lots of visuals, see our I Love to See the Temple Touch the Temple sensory activity!
I Feel My Savior’s Love Things We See Printable Lesson Plan
Use this short n’ sweet printable lesson plan to help you prep for singing time! It includes 10 pictures of things that may testify of the Savior’s love. Print and cut out these pictures and share them as you teach this sweet song in primary!
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already an email subscriber? Grab your printable below!
When you’re ready to review this song, try this fun I Feel My Savior’s Love Crack the Code activity!
How do you feel the Savior’s love in your life? Share it with your primary children!
This post may also be available in: English Español