Are you looking for a super engaging way to teach I Will Walk with Jesus in Primary? You’re going to love the tie in with all these colorful I Will Walk with Jesus Footprint words as you have the kids help you find the correct missing word and fill in the blank!
** See 12 fun I Will Walk with Jesus Singing Time Ideas here **
I Will Walk with Jesus Footprint Words
This really cute idea came from Jori Hazen, and she graciously allowed me to create a printable file and work it up into a full lesson plan for those that wanted to use her fun idea! Thanks Jori for sharing your talents and creative idea with us!
How to Play:
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
Sing through I Will Walk with Jesus once, before introducing the activity.
Put up the blank lyric word posters, and then scatter the footprints all around the rest of the white board. Scramble them up before you put them up on the board so you’re not placing them up in order.
Start to sing, and then pause, oh wait! We’re missing something here! What comes next?
Call up a child to find the correct word and add it to the poster.
Start over from the beginning and sing through as far as you can adding additional footprints along the way. This will build in TONS of repetition and keep it engaging for the kids.
BONUS: Can they find the song title in the footprints? There are 2 extra footprints in the 1st verse and chorus (1 in the colored) that help to bridge the existing pieces to make the title!
- Hide the footprints under the children’s chairs and have the kids sitting in those chairs come up when they think they have the correct word!
- Play as a competition game where you take turns with which side of the room tries to guess the next word. If they get it wrong, the other side gets a chance to steal the point!
- Add a fun action to do whenever you get to a footprint, such as:
- Quickly stand and sit back down
- Take one step to the right (top foot) then one step to the left (bottom foot)
- When you’ve added all the footprints, skip singing the “feet” words. Now switch and ONLY sing the feet words. Split the room and have one side sing the poster and one sing the feet.
- Remove the feet and feed them to a “song monster” as the kids learn the words!
- Print out the extra page of footprints with 4 additional words that don’t belong to up the challenge for Senior Primary!
For another awesome activity with a similar theme, see how we talk We’ll Bring the World His Truth with a Fill in the Blanks singing time idea.
I Will Walk with Jesus Footprint Words Printable Lesson Plan
This printable lesson plan is a whoppin’ 40 pages long!! But don’t fear, you won’t need all of the pages! At most, if you’re doing all 3 verses and the chorus, you’ll print 29 pages – and choose either the pre-colored or the black and white footprints, whichever best fits your needs.
I don’t really recommend using this activity for all 3 verses, but you can pick and choose the verses you need and add the chorus as well if you’d like. There’s a helpful printing guide within the printable to help you print out just the pages you will need for the verses you decide to use.
There is an option to print using black and white and adding fun colorful paper or an already colored footprints option for those that don’t have colored paper on hand or just like the pre-selected colors!
You’ll be able to download or print the document just below, here are the directions to accessing our printable files:
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already an email subscriber? Grab your printable below!
Jump over next to this I Will Walk with Jesus Learn & Teach task! You’ll let the kids learn just one line of the song and pick a way to teach it to the rest of the Primary – so fun and easy!
What other fun extension ideas could you add to this I Will Walk with Jesus Footprint Words singing time idea? How did your Primary like this activity?
This post may also be available in: English Español