I’m loving the new Father’s Day song In My Father’s Hands by Blake Gillette. If you haven’t heard it yet, go over and grab the mp3 and piano sheet music on his homepage! Grab these In My Father’s Hands Pictures keyword visuals below to easily teach this song.
The sheet music for In My Father’s Hands was free as of the time of this post (3/2022). It’s my Father’s Day song pick for this year. Because I don’t want to spend too many weeks on it, my Primary will likely only sing the 1st and 3rd verses, but I really love them all so it was very hard to pick!
One of the ways I’ll be teaching this song is with a series of hand pictures! There’s a very good chance I may also use these same pictures the week we sing the song, depending on how quickly the kids pick up the words.
If they need any helpers at on come Father’s day, I plan to just use these as the visual and keyword reminders!! (You can also grab the In My Father’s Hands flip chart, if you’d prefer to use that!)
Affiliate links are used in this post.
In My Father’s Hands
How to Use these Hand Pictures:
There are a lot of different ways you could use these pictures! Here are some ideas to use while teaching or reviewing In My Father’s Hands.
– Use the pictures to introduce each line.
– Mix up the hands and have them rearranged in the correct order.
– Post all the pictures and let the kids pick 2 pictures to remove from the board.
– Have the kids take turns holding the hand pictures. Have them hold up their picture high during their phrase.
– Use them to compare the descriptive words. How does firm and steady compare to soft and humble.
– Post the first picture of each verse at the top of the board and fill in the columns below with the correlating words. What other pictures/words might represent firm and steady?
– Compare our earthly father’s hands to Christ’s hands and to our Heavenly Father’s hands. How are they different? How are they the same?
I use HP’s Instant Ink which I love and highly recommend to easily print out all these pictures in full color!!
In My Father’s Hands
Hand Pictures Printables
This free printable includes full page hand pictures for the first verse. It includes 6 bold pages to easily learn the first verse.
You’ll find additional hand pictures for the second verse and third verse plus 1/2 page printable pictures included in the INSTANT Primary Singing membership in the May New Testament packet
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Head over to this next fun singing time idea for In My Father’s Hands with action hands!
What other ways might you use these printables for teaching or reviewing In My Father’s Hands in your Primary? Share your ideas in the comments to help add to this resource for other music leaders!