Are you looking for a cute and totally unique way to review your choice of Primary Mother’s Day songs in Singing Time? You’re going to love this Make a Mom Paper Doll activity! You’ll use printable paper dolls to work together to make a variety of different mothers to sing your song choice to!
There’s a bunch of different ways to play, too, so see all the alternate activities for more ideas!
Mother’s Day Make a Mom Activity
For this cute activity, you can cut out the paper doll mom and then mix and match between all her accessories. There’s a couple of different styles to choose from included in the free printable below!
Or, you can expand on the collection in the extended printables (more info on that below!)
You’ll cut out all the individual pieces and let the kiddos pick out which combinations they would like to choose!
How to Play:
Bring out your paper doll mom and accessories.
Ask a child to come up front and pick out accessories and items to make a personalized mom to sing your Mother’s Day song to! Including: Dress or Top & Bottom, Dress, Hair, Shoes, Accessories
After each time singing through your song, invite a different child to come up front and switch up the clothing combinations and create a new mom to sing to!
- Instead, add just one item at a time and create just one or two different moms during your Singing time.
- Write a fun way to sing on the back of each accessory. Then, as they pick the accessory, you’ll sing through your song with the way to sing!
- Print out several paper dolls – one per class or one per child depending on your Primary size. Let each class customize their mom!
- Randomly draw one of the accessories or clothing items. If their mom is using that item, they get to skip singing and pick a way for everyone else to sing the song!
- Pick an item and have everyone find the match to dress up their paper doll in.
- Have the helper share one thing that makes their mom special!
- Choose the color-in option and have the kiddos color in the accessories while you sing through the song a few times. Each child can color-in one of the clothing items or accessories.
- Hide the ready made mom dolls around the room. Hunt for one mom while you sing the song, then add the moms to the board!
For another fun Mother’s Day singing time idea, head over to see this darling Flowers for Mom Ways to Sing cards!
Printable Make a Mom Paper Doll
This free paper doll printable includes 2 pages with a doll and a variety of accessories!
You’ll find even more additional clothing options and other printables included in our extended printables!
You’ll find double the accessories, a larger paper doll and accessories, and black and white options all included in the INSTANT Primary Singing membership for April Book of Mormon. You can also pick up the extended printables in the shop.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Next, head over to this cute In Her Shoes Mother’s Day activity!
What other fun ways could you extend this Mother’s Day Make a Mom activity using the paper dolls? I can’t wait to hear your creative ideas!