Are you looking for a wonderful way to introduce all the different people you’ll read and teach about this year as part of the 2024 Book of Mormon Come Follow Me year? You’ll fall in love with these People of the Book of Mormon Cards and decorative bulletin board banner!
Pass out cards for your scripture heroes or add on to your bulletin banner throughout the year as you learn about the different people in the scriptures. Or, start the year off with all the heroes and then use the visuals to remind the children of each one throughout the year.
People of the Book of Mormon Cards & Ideas
1. Pull out one of the People of the Book of Mormon Cards and introduce the hero of the week! You can follow along with the Come Follow Me schedule or that coordinates with your lesson or singing time songs!
2. You can add them to your bulletin board throughout the year or add the heroes to a pennant banner all year long as you introduce each hero.
3. Another fun way to use these cards is to share a printable hero card with each of the kiddos in your Primary or class the week you teach about each person.
4. Play a game of Guess Who! Give clues about your scripture hero of the day and see if the kids can guess who you’re talking about from their story.
5. Use the included quote from President Monson to share why this year of study is such an important one and why you want to focus on what we can learn from these scripture heroes!
“I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives.”
– President Thomas S. Monson
6. Write each of your Primary children’s names on the back of a scripture hero card. Use the hero cards to randomly pick a helper! Your helper can pick a way to sing, a song choice, or help you conduct the music, for example!
People of the Book of Mormon Hero List
You’ll find these 26 different scripture heroes included in the full packet. These are the main people that you’ll learn and teach about this year.
- King Benjamin
- Alma (Sr.)
- Alma the Younger
- King Mosiah
- King Lamoni
- King Lamoni’s Wife
- Anti-Nephi-Lehies (People of Ammon)
- Captain Moroni
- Stripling Warriors
- Mothers of the Stripling Warriors
- Nephi and Lehi (Sons of Helaman)
- Samuel the Lamanite
- Jesus Christ
- The Three Nephites
- Brother of Jared
People of the Book of Mormon Shop Files
You’ll find a free printable below include 4 of these scripture hero cards. Or, pick up the complete collection. That includes 26 different heroes with 1/4 and full page hero cards and cut out illustrations.
You’ll find the People of the Book of Mormon Scripture Cards in my Shop. You can also find these People of the Book of Mormon Scripture Cards in my Etsy shop here.
You can add this adorable People of the Book of Mormon Bulletin Board pennant banner to help you decorate your Primary room this year. You’ll love showing off these favorite people from the scriptures as you learn about them this year. It’s a perfect addition to the Primary room or even a Primary classroom!
You can pickup the People of the Book of Mormon Bulletin Board Banner in my shop. It is also available in my Etsy shop here.
For another fun similar printable, head over to see this Women in the Scriptures singing time activity!
People of the Book of Mormon Printable Scripture Hero Cards
This free in-post printable includes 4 beloved scripture heroes from the Book of Mormon including Nephi, Alma the Younger, Ammon and Jesus Christ. Plus, a 1-page quote to tie into the Book of Mormon year of study.
The Book of Mormon Hero Cards is a bonus printable for Annual Subscribers only included in the January Book of Mormon packet! Join today and you’ll find teaching ideas all year to help you with each of the suggested songs of the month.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Head over to see all of our Book of Mormon Come Follow Me teaching ideas this year and other Primary Singing Time helps on this landing page you’ll want to bookmark and refer to all year long!
What other fun ways will you use this singing time activity in your Primary room?