I thought of a fun ideas that would be just perfect for the song — a Search Ponder and Pray Word Search!
It easily ties in the meaning of “searching” and can help you pull in a spiritual message on not just simply reading through the words of the scriptures but looking for the meaning hidden on each page and how they can relate to our lives!
** See all Search Ponder and Pray Singing Time Ideas here! **
Search Ponder and Pray Word Search
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play this Word Search Game:
– Sing Search, Ponder, and Pray together.
– Post the word search, and ask the children if they can find one of the keywords from the song in the word search. In Junior Primary, if they need help, sing the first phrase and add extra emphasis on the keywords, then ask them to look for the hidden words singing it more than once, if necessary.
“I LOVE to READ the holy SCRIPTURES…”
– I’d recommend just hunting for the simple hidden words in Junior Primary and hunt for the whole list in Senior Primary including the words that are backwards and on an angle!
– Sing through the song again after each time you find a new hidden word.
– Skip singing the keywords you’ve found using silent singing.
– Add a simple action in place of the hidden words, such as a clap, snap, dab, stomp, or whatever the children choose! You might just stick with one or two actions so it is not overly complicated.
– Compete with one side of the room singing the keywords and the other side singing all the non keywords throughout the song.
– Connect the word search with the spiritual searching we are called to do in this song. Share ideas and challenge the children to take the time to really search their scriptures!
Suggested Search Ponder and Pray Word Search Word Bank
Junior Primary Words:
Senior Primary Words:
If this lesson plan was a hit for you, head over her next to see how we incorporated a darling Word Search activity for Valentine’s Day using Primary songs about LOVE for a fun way to sing a mix of songs!
Printable Search Ponder and Pray Word Search Lesson Plan
This printable Search, Ponder, and Pray word search includes a 1-page word search activity that incorporates keywords from the song lyrics.
You’ll find a larger 4-page word search and answer key included in the INSTANT Primary Singing membership when Search, Ponder and Pray is the featured song of the month.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Head over next to grab our Search Ponder and Pray Picture Swap which is a really engaging way to teach this fun song! The kids will swap any 2 pictures to get them all back in the correct order.
What other Primary songs do you plan to use this word search activity with?