Have fun singing and learning this Primary song with this He Sent His Son Ribbon Wands activity. There’s step-by-step instructions included here, or come up with your own actions for more variety. You can even have the kids help customize the actions, which is always fun!
** See all 12 He Sent His Son Singing Time Ideas here! **
Affiliate links are used in this post.
He Sent His Son Ribbon Wands
There are a lot of options for making or purchasing Ribbon Wands for your Primary. Some people make their own using ribbons and a shower rod ring, for example.
There are the kinds of ribbons on a stick or wristband styles. My personal preference is the type they slip over their wrist. I find them easiest for the little kids to use and there is less “sword fighting” going on.
I personally bought this set of Ribbon Wands from Amazon and I just bought 2 packs to get me to 24. They are long so I have everyone spread out and find their own spot in the Primary room. It’s really fun to see the whole room swirling with colors!
I then put 6-8 ribbon wands in a burlap bag to pass out to the teachers to hand out to their class and collect them again at the end. You could also simply use a gallon ziploc bag for the same effect.
Ribbon Wand Action Cards
To make coming up with patterns for using Ribbon Wands even easier, head over to grab our Ribbon Wand Action Cards in our digital shop!
He Sent His Son Ribbon Wand Actions:
- Big Circle – Trace one big, slow circle like you’re making the earth
- Left and Right – Slow sway swishes back and forth in front of you –
- Disco Arms – Swing ribbons high up by your ear and then across your body to your other hip
- Worm – Curvy up and down swiggles in front of you
**Ironically, I grabbed the wrong ribbon wand action card!! Ignore “river” or feel free to substitute!
“Chorus” Ribbon Wand Actions:
- Arch – A big half circle over your head like a rainbow
- Hammock – Lazy swings back and forth dipping in the center
- Grass – Distinct up and down movements
– Junior Primary Pattern –
Repeat: Circle, Left/Right, and Disco Arms (held for 2 lines) through the song
– Senior Primary Pattern –
Pattern with the Lyrics:
- Circle – How could the Father tell the world
- Left and Right – of love and tenderness?
- Disco – He sent his Son a newborn babe
- Worm – with peace and holiness.
- Circle – How could the Father show the world
- Left and Right – the pathway we should go?
- Disco – He sent his Son to walk with men
- Worm – on earth, that we may known.
- Circle – How could the father tell the world
- Left and Right – of sacrifice, of death?
- Disco – He sent his Son to die for us
- Worm – and rise with living breath.
Change Pattern at “Chrous”
- Arch – What does the Father ask of us?
- Hammock – What do the scriptures say?
- Grass – Have faith, have hope, live like his Son
- Arch – help others on their way.
- Hammock – What does he ask?
- Grass – Live like his Son.
He Sent His Son Ribbon Wands Printable Lesson Plan
You can buy our printable Ribbon Wand Action Cards in 1/4 sheet or full page sizes! Or, simply draw the actions on the whiteboard!
The He Sent His Song Ribbon Wands lesson plan includes the directions for the activity plus a printable teacher’s version of the ribbon wand actions.
I recommend posting larger images or drawing the actions on the whiteboard so your Primary can more easily see them. 🙂
How to Login to Unlock Downloads!
You can access ALL of our free lesson plans, flip charts, and other printables and downloads by subscribing! Grow.me is a really cool tool that lets you bookmark and save your favorite posts. See our FAQ page here if you need additional help!
Step 1: Click the Unlock Printables button below or 3 Dots icon in the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Create a free account with Grow.me and login.
*NOTE: We do not ask for ANY Credit card information on our lesson plans!! If you see any type of request, that’s not my site!
Step 3: That’s it! All download files will automatically be unlocked as long as you are logged in! If you’re already logged in, you’ll see the PDF preview and/or download button below.
Signing up will subscribe you to our email newsletter or update your subscription status if you previously unsubscribed. Our newsletter shares the latest weekly posts with timely and fun Singing Time ideas and new printable lesson plans!
👇 Download Here 👇
Head over next to see our He Sent His Son Words of a Prophet singing time idea!
What other fun adaptations would you add when teaching He Sent His Son with Ribbon Wands?