Light up your primary room with this simple I Will Be What I Believe Finger Lights movement activity! Your primary children will have so much fun learning this repeatable finger lights pattern with just 4 actions!
Grab our printable pattern and have some fun reviewing I Will Be What I Believe in singing time with finger lights!
I Will Be What I Believe Finger Lights
Review the first verse and chorus of I Will Be What I Believe (lyrics here) at the beginning of singing time.
Explain that when we share what we believe with others, we are helping *light* the way to Christ. To help them remember to be a light, use this fun finger lights pattern!
Pass out finger lights to each class so that each child has one light. If you have a smaller primary, you might consider passing out 2 lights per child, one for each hand.
Then, post the finger lights pattern on the board with symbols for each action. Turn on your finger light and demonstrate a large circle. Have the kids try out the action with you! This is the first action in the pattern.
Try out the second action by starting with your finger light low to the ground. Wiggle your hand up and hold your light up high! Draw a heart for the third action. Then, move from left to right with your finger light. Those are all the actions you’ll need for this pattern!
Slowly sing or say each line while trying the first action. With each new line, use a different action. Once you get to the last action, repeat the pattern!
Ready to try it out? Have the pianist play the accompaniment while you sing the verse and chorus together with the finger lights pattern. Practice several times to get in lots of song repetition!
Then, collect all the finger lights at the end of primary and remind the children to be a light to others by sharing the gospel.
4 Finger Lights Actions:
This finger lights pattern is so simple, with just 4 actions repeated throughout the song! Start with the first action, then switch to a new action after each line. Once you get to the last action, repeat the pattern!
By the end of the song, you should be able to complete the pattern twice! Alternatively, you can choose to use each action for 2 lines to use all the actions just once. However, I recommend using the first method so that the lyrics match with the actions a little bit better!
- Circle in Front: Point your finger light out and make a large circle in front of your body.
- Wiggle Up: Start with your finger light down low. Then, wiggle up and shine your light up high!
- Draw a Heart: Draw a heart with your finger light by starting at the bottom center. Then, bring your light up and curve to a point, and bring it back down to complete the heart shape.
- Left to Right: Start by holding your finger light out to the left. Then, bring the light to the right side of your body. Go back and forth!
- Try the pattern in reverse order! Start with the left to right action, then work your way to through the pattern in backwards order. You can also start anywhere in the pattern and rotate actions on each line until you get back to the first action!
- 4 corners! Tape each action symbol to one corner of the room. Assign a few children to each corner. Have them sing 2 lines of the song with their finger light actions! Then, rotate until everyone has done each action!
- Add your own actions! Just choose 4 actions to try with your finger lights and rotate actions after each line! It can be so fun to see all the creative ideas your primary kiddos have!
For another fun similar activity, head over to see this I am a Child of God Finger Lights singing time activity!
I Will Be What I Believe Finger Lights Demonstration Video
Check out this short demo video as you prepare to teach this finger lights pattern in singing time! In this video, I show all 4 actions used in this pattern and demonstrate the first verse and chorus using the finger lights pattern!
I Will Be What I Believe Finger Lights Printable Song Helps
This free in-post printable includes a one-page pattern sheet with colorful symbols for each action to use as you teach this pattern!
Join INSTANT Primary Singing for extended printables including a bonus 5th action and full page pattern cards! You’ll find these bonus files included when I Will Be What I Believe is a featured song of the month.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
You will love this fun I Will Be What I Believe Line Match game!
What other fun ways will you use this finger lights singing time activity in your Primary room?