If you’ve been looking for a meaningful way to breakdown the lyrics of this song and get the kids hands on in a visual way teaching this Primary song, you’ll love this Faith Learn to Draw singing time idea!
In this activity you’ll draw basic symbols and shapes together while detailing the importance of growing your faith! You can also adapt it to be a coloring or tracing activity instead!
*See TONS of Faith Singing Time Ideas here*
Faith Learn to Draw
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play:
Sing through Faith Primary song once before introducing this activity.
Ask the children, what was Faith compared to in that song? (A seed / plant / flower) You’re right! Do you know what a seed looks like? Let me draw a seed for you.
Draw a seed on the whiteboard. Do you think you can draw a seed? Pass out paper and coloring utensils. Show the children simple steps for drawing a seed.
- Can you draw an oval? Just like this!
- Draw a line coming out of the top. This is the first little growth the seed is starting to sprout.
- Add two leaves by drawing two more ovals that come to a point.
- Now color in your seed and add some dirt if you’d like!
- Do you have a tiny seed worth of faith? Sing through the song together again.
What happens when you water the seed? What else does the seed need? Just like that seed, we need experiences to build our faith. Some ways to grow our faith include prayers, reading the scriptures and attending church! Let’s draw our seed sprouting.
- Let’s draw some bumpy dirt down at the bottom first.
- Now, draw one tall line growing up out of the dirt.
- Add leaves off the stem.
- Color in your sprouting plant and add any details you’d like.
- How is your faith growing and stretching right now? Sing through the song together.
Next, go through the same similar steps with talking about a flower and someday their testimonies will be as bright and beautiful as a full-grown flower.
The heart represents the “swelling with my heart” and you can talk about ways to increase and growth faith. Have the kids draw along with you and sing through the song between each mini activity!
- Divide the Primary room into 4 groups. Assign one of the pictures to each group. Let them try to draw their shape, then they can come up to show off their pictures between each time singing through the song.
- Let the kids trace the shape cards below! If you flip over the printable card they are super easy to trace! Or, instead, you can have them ready to go and let them color in the pictures.
- Work on the posters together as a Primary. Show the example and let one child draw their own version or trace the example.
- Add a hand action to go with each time singing through the song.
For another fun singing time idea, head over to our I Am a Child of God Mirror Pass! Use a real mirror or print our color-in mirrors!
Faith Learn to Draw Singing Time Printable Lesson Plan
This printable includes 1/4 sheet Learn to Draw icons that you can uses as a graphic for reference or as tracing cards or however best fits your lesson plan. The drawing cards are optional if you don’t have easy access to a printer or ink you can skip these and just draw your own!
You’ll find bonus printable lesson plan and full page learn to draw included for this songs extended printables in the INSTANT Primary Singing membership!
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already an email subscriber? Grab your printable below!
Head over next to see this fun Faith Summer Sports (or Olympics!) Yoga activity!
What other fun extension ideas could you add for teaching with this Faith Learn to Draw activity?
This post may also be available in: English Español