Review Faith in singing time this month with this Faith Song Word Search! This simple word representations activity is a great way to review this sweet primary song while working together to solve this word puzzle!
This word search has 10 words that come directly from the song! Grab the one-page word search or put together a large word search poster to solve the puzzle as a group!
*See TONS of Faith Singing Time Ideas here*
Faith Song Word Search
My Seniors primary kids especially do really well with word games. They are so great at trying to solve a puzzle and looking for the missing pieces! In this case, the missing pieces are the words from the song!
There are a few different ways to use this activity. I’ve included a printable later in this post with the word search.
If you want to work on the puzzle as an entire class, I created a 4-page poster size of the word search. To assemble this, just cut out the boarder of each 5×8 grid and tape the pages together. Make sure you write on the back of each paper which corner it goes in!
At the beginning of primary, practice the first verse of Faith (flipchart here!) as a primary. You could also try the second verse if you’ve learned it!
Then, show the children the word bank. Ask them if they recognize 10 words (Hint: All the words come from the song!). You could even sing through the song again and have them listen for the words.
Post the large word search poster on the board. Arrange the 4 pages with so that the corners correspond with the correct labels.
Then, sing through the song again. This time, have the children see if they can find any hidden words. Have children reverently raise their hands if they see a word.
Pass a crayon or marker to a child raising their hand quietly and invite them to come up and mark the word. Cross off the word in the word bank.
Continue singing the song as you try to reveal all the hidden words! Once you’ve found all the words, sing through the song one more time before sharing your testimony.
Faith Song Word Search Word Bank:
This word search includes 10 words. You can find most these words in the song! Most of the words are in the first verse and chorus, but a few are from the second verse.
- PLANTED (“If planted”)
- SEED (“Faith is like a little seed”)
- PRAYERS (“The Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray”)
- HEART (“within my heart”)
- GROW (“If planted it will grow”)
- TRUST (“Faith is trust in God above”)
- KNOW (“When I do right, I know”)
- RIGHT (“When I do right, I know”)
- Instead of working on the word search as a class, have each class work on a word search together! Race to see which class can find all the hidden words the fastest!
- Choose a simple action, such as clapping or snapping your fingers. Each time you sing the words from the word bank in the song, replace the word with one of the actions! Choose a different action each time you sing through the song.
- Before you reveal the word bank, see if the kids can find any words on their own. Once they find a few words, see if they can find any connection between the words. This can be a great introduction activity!
For another fun word puzzle, try this Search, Ponder, and Pray Word Search!
Faith Song Word Search Printable Poster-Size Word Search & Individual Pages
In this printable is a large poster version of the word search to put on the board. It is 4 pages, with each page being a 5×8 section of the grid. I’ve labelled each of the pages with the corresponding corner so that they are easier to arrange. Plus, there is a full-page word bank to post on the board.
You’ll find a printable lesson plan and a bonus 1-page word search option as part of the INSTANT Primary Singing membership when this song is the featured song of the month!
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Try this fun Faith Song Color Clues activity! next!
Was this Faith song word search too easy? Too challenging? We’d love to hear your feedback!