This Families Can Be Together Forever Family Drawings singing time idea is a perfect way to help the children show off their own unique families!
This can be a difficult song to bring into the Primary room, but as long as you are sensitive towards every family has a different structure, you can rock this song! We are ultimately all a part of Heavenly Father’s eternal family together!
**See all 12 Families Can Be Together Forever Singing Time Ideas Here**
Families Can Be Together Forever Family Drawings
Sing through the Families Can Be Together Forever Lyrics once before introducing this activity.
Have each child draw their family to make a beautiful collection of all the unique families in your Primary!
Pass out one paper to each of the children. You can choose a full page, half page, or quarter page, depending on how many children are in your Primary. Also pass out crayons to each teacher.
Sing through the song 2-3 times while the children draw a picture of their family.
Have the children return to their seat and explain that everyone’s family looks a little different. Some people have 2 parents, but others don’t.
Some people have lots of siblings and some families only had one child. Some families may even include grandparents and other family members! No matter what your family looks like, Heavenly Father wants us to be together as a family even after we die.
Have the children bring pictures of their family up front and post them all over the whiteboard! Sing through the song one more time!
Alternate & Extension Activities:
- Work together as a Primary to create a custom flip chart. Have a few helpers come up each time you sing through the song to work on drawing a scene for one of the pages of the flip chart.
- Tell the children to sing loud enough (but pretty) for their families to hear them!
- Let a few children come up front to show-and-tell about who makes up their family. Try to choose a variety of children with different family structures to help everyone feel included.
- Take a picture of your collection of drawings or consider hanging them up somewhere on a side bulletin board!
- Let the children take home their drawings of their family and ask them to practice singing the song at home this week.
- Have one BIG poster and have everyone draw themselves. We are all one big family with Heavenly Father.
For another fun singing time lesson plan with a similar activity, see our Kindness Begins With Me Draw the Song activity!
Families Can Be Together Forever Family Drawings Printable Song Helps
In this Families Can Be Together Forever Family Drawings printable, you’ll find a quick overview of how to use this activity in singing time. Then, a few different printable sizes to use with your Primary!
Choose a full-page, half-page, or quarter-page printable with the line “I have a fam’ly here on earth.” Pick a size that will let the entire Primary show off their drawings on the whiteboard!
I’ve also included a printable of all pages of the song to allow you to make a custom flip chart with your Primary children’s help.
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are completely free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! Membership is completely free (no credit card information requested — ever).
You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already a subscriber? Grab your printable just below this text!
For another fun singing time idea to teach this song, head over to see our Families Can Be Together Forever Pencil Rhythm Sticks lesson plan!
What other fun adaptations can you make to use this idea in your unique Primary?