This Families Can Be Together Forever Family Drawings singing time idea is a perfect way to help the children show off their own unique families!
This can be a difficult song to bring into the Primary room, but as long as you are sensitive towards every family has a different structure, you can rock this song! We are ultimately all a part of Heavenly Father’s eternal family together!
Families Can Be Together Forever Family Drawings
Sing through the Families Can Be Together Forever Lyrics once before introducing this activity.
Have each child draw their family to make a beautiful collection of all the unique families in your Primary!
Pass out one paper to each of the children. You can choose a full page, half page, or quarter page, depending on how many children are in your Primary. Also pass out crayons to each teacher.
Sing through the song 2-3 times while the children draw a picture of their family.
Have the children return to their seat and explain that everyone’s family looks a little different. Some people have 2 parents, but others don’t.
Some people have lots of siblings and some families only had one child. Some families may even include grandparents and other family members! No matter what your family looks like, Heavenly Father wants us to be together as a family even after we die.
Have the children bring pictures of their family up front and post them all over the whiteboard! Sing through the song one more time!
Alternate & Extension Activities:
- Work together as a Primary to create a custom flip chart. Have a few helpers come up each time you sing through the song to work on drawing a scene for one of the pages of the flip chart.
- Tell the children to sing loud enough (but pretty) for their families to hear them!
- Let a few children come up front to show-and-tell about who makes up their family. Try to choose a variety of children with different family structures to help everyone feel included.
- Take a picture of your collection of drawings or consider hanging them up somewhere on a side bulletin board!
- Let the children take home their drawings of their family and ask them to practice singing the song at home this week.
- Have one BIG poster and have everyone draw themselves. We are all one big family with Heavenly Father.
For another fun singing time lesson plan with a similar activity, see our Kindness Begins With Me Draw the Song activity!
Families Can Be Together Forever Family Drawings Printable Song Helps
In this Families Can Be Together Forever Family Drawings printable, you’ll find a 1/2 page drawing sheets so you can easily print out one per person and fill up your white board with all these fun unique family portraits!
I’ve included bonus printable sizes including a full page and 1/4 page coloring sheet plus a printable lesson plan in your INSTANT Primary Singing membership. These are included when Families Can Be Together Forever is the featured song of the month.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
For another fun singing time idea to teach this song, head over to see our Families Can Be Together Forever Pencil Rhythm Sticks lesson plan!
What other fun adaptations can you make to use this idea in your unique Primary?