Your visual learners will love this Kindness Begins With Me Draw the Song activity! Since this song is short & sweet, I thought it would be fun to add some pictures to make the song come alive for the kids!
For this activity, you’ll be working together as a primary to draw the song! We have a simple printable with drawing pages for each phrase of the song. Just grab some crayons and you’re ready for this fun activity!
Kindness Begins With Me Draw the Song
I love incorporating drawing activities in primary because it allows the children to use their creativity as they learn the song! For this activity, they’ll have to take each phrase of the song and think about what it means to them.
As a class, you’ll be able to draw a picture that represents each phrase of the song. When you finish, you’ll have a beautiful visual representation of Kindness Begins With Me.
I have a printable lesson plan included later in this post with “Draw the Song” pages for each phrase of the song. There are lots of ways to use this activity, so be sure to check out our extension ideas below before you decide!
For this activity, you’ll just need some crayons or colored pencils prepared for your lesson. I usually like to start an activity by reviewing the song to help the kids recall what they’ve learned.
Then, bring out a piece of paper with the first phrase of the song at the bottom of the page. Tape or post the paper on the board and read the phrase aloud to the children. Since the first phrase is “I want to be kind to everyone,” ask the children what this means to them.
You might ask them to think about a time when they chose to be kind to others. Then, sing through the song again. This will allow the kids to ponder on your question as they sing.
At this point, you can invite the children to come up and start contributing to the drawing. You might have a few different interpretations on one page, and that’s okay! Once you finish one page, sing through the song again and bring out another page. Continue until your drawings are complete!
For another example of a drawing activity, try this Faith Learn to Draw singing time lesson!
- Before primary, gather the “Draw the Song” pages and some crayons.
- At the beginning of primary, start by reviewing Kindness Begins With Me (Flip Chart Here).
- Then, bring out the “Draw the Song” pages one at a time. Post one on the board.
- Once the first poster is on the board, read the phrase to the children.
- Sing through the song again. This time, invite the children to think about that phrase means to them. You might engage in a short discussion about kindness or
- Then, ask the children if there is an image or picture that might represent that page. Invite the children to contribute to the picture with crayons.
- Continue reviewing the song and adding to your drawings. Put the pages in order and add one page each time you sing through the song.
- When all pages are completed, ask the children if there’s anything else they’d like to add to the pictures. Share your testimony of the Savior and sharing Christlike kindness with others.
- Give each class their own set of “Draw the Song” pages. Have each class work together to create their drawings. Set a timer for 3-5 minutes for children to draw before singing through the song again. This way, you can still get in lots of practice!
- Instead of having each class create their own set of drawings, assign each class to draw one of the phrases. It will be so fun to see all the pages come together!
- Once you have all the pages completed, choose one page to turn over while you sing and see how well you do without the words!
Kindness Begins With Me Printable Lesson Plan
Use this printable lesson plan as you prepare for this Kindness Begins With Me Draw the Song lesson! I’ve included a blank page for each phrase of the song that includes the phrase and lots of blank space to draw!
The first page of the printable also includes three extension activities for this song. Be sure to check out these ideas! They include splitting the pages between classes, and even giving each class their own set of “Draw the Song” pages!
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are completely free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! Membership is completely free (no credit card information requested — ever).
You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already a subscriber? Grab your printable just below this text!
Head on over to this Kindness Begins With Me Word Map next!