You’re going to love this Give Said the Little Stream interactive poster singing time activity! It includes gorgeous art and graphics that layer onto the scene to help bring the song to life. It’s going to be be an activity your Primary children remember!
Give Said the Little Stream Interactive Poster
How to Play:
Sing through Give Said the Little Stream (flip chart here) once, before introducing this activity.
Show the first poster. Ask the children what they see in the scene. Let’s sing through the song and see if there’s anything we should add. Sing through the verse again.
Ask, what did you hear in the verse that we could add to liven up our picture?
Add one of the elements to the scene, use the guide below to match the visuals to each scene.
Ask the children what are some ways they can give back and share like the stream does and like Jesus did in his life?
How to Assemble the Interactive Poster:
- Laminate the poster scene. Or, slip it into a sheet protector.
- Cut out each of the individual scene pieces. You can laminate those as well to help keep them reusable over and over again!
- Use velcro dots or poster putty to adhere each of the pieces to the scene. You’ll also want tape to attach the flaps to the edge of the scene. I like clear packing tape. Cut it in half width-wise so it fits better along the edge.
Visuals for the 1st Verse:
- Give speech bubble – “Give said the little stream” Use a Velcro dot or poster putty to stick the word “give” onto the scene above the river (leaving space for the flap for the hill).
- Stream and Hill Flap – “As it hurried down the hill” Tape this to the side lining it up with the image. Now, you can flip the hill out of the scene or back into place.
- Grass Spot – “Fields grow greener still” Add extra green grass to liven up the scene! This can stick onto the poster in the lower field near the tree.
- Singing Bird – “Singing, singing all the day” Add a cute singing bird to the tree branch.
- Let a child come up and add to the scene as you sing through the song. Then repeat with a new helper! They’ll all love a chance to add to the scene.
- Mix up all the different add-ons and see if they can correctly sort and place all the pieces while you sing through all 3 verses!
For another engaging singing time activity, head over to see this Hot & Cold review game!
Printable Song Helps
This free in-post printable includes the interactive poster for the 1st verse. As I needed to use an artist for this project, the rest of the files are only included in the paid membership or song teaching packet.
Join INSTANT Primary Singing for extended printables including interactive posters for the 2nd and 3rd verse, larger format, and black and white printables. You’ll find these bonus files included when Give Said the Little Stream is the featured song of the month.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
For another great way to teach this song, head over to see this Give Said the Little Stream Rolling Rhythm Sticks lesson plan!
What other fun ways will you use this singing time activity in your Primary room?