Use this I Will Be Valiant Fill in the Blank singing time idea to see how well the kids remember the lyrics! It’s a great way to engage the older Primary kiddos and build in a ton of singing repetition with purpose.
I Will Be Valiant is a perfect song to include as part of the Come Follow Me Doctrine & Covenants Primary Songs List! I think it just goes so well with that year’s theme. But it’s also on the song list this year, too.
*See 12 I Will Be Valiant Singing Time Ideas Here*
I Will Be Valiant Fill in the Blank
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play:
This singing time idea is best for Senior Primary, since it’s heavy on words.
Sing through I Will Be Valiant (lyrics here) once before introducing your activity.
Put the missing what comes next posters up on the board.
Ask for a volunteer to come up and fill in one missing word while you sing the song. This will let you sing through the song 9 times! Or double up and do 2 words per time through the song with two different helpers.
Any of the write-in keywords the kids now get to clap instead! Keep singing the ones that are blank or use our extension idea below for another fun option.
Continue singing through the song and filling in the missing word blanks until you’ve added them all. Then, singing with ONLY the filled in words for one final time through the song.
Missing Keywords: Valiant, Work, Teachings, People, Servant, Cov’nants (Covenants), Stand, Right, Depend
- For an added challenge, SKIP singing any of the words that are blank. Don’t worry, the kids will still be able to figure them out if you’ve spent any time with this song before. Or sing the missing words with everyone sticking their tongues out! It’ll make them silly and harder to understand, while still giving a clue!
- Scramble up the page order and have the kids put the posters back in order. Cut each sheet of paper in half (on the 4-page option).
- Bring a bunch of fun colorful writing utensils like markers, crayons, pastels, maybe even a watercolor paint set to make it even more fun to fill in the blank.
- Let the kids draw a picture instead of write the word (or do both). Then have the singers act out an action that matches the drawing while singing the word.
- Consider using this as your flip chart for the song!! The kids will love that they helped to make it!
If this activity was a hit with your Primary, head over to see our I Will Walk with Jesus What’s Next singing time idea for more inspiration!
I Will Be Valiant Fill in the Blank Printable Singing Time Song Helps
You’ll find a ready-to go fill in the blank chart in a condensed version (4 pages) or a 1-blank per page with a huge 120pt font (9 pages) to fit your Primary’s size and needs.
There’s also a handy reference sheet with ideas for using this activity in singing time with directions on how to play and fun extension ideas to adapt the lesson to your unique Primary and fit your available time.
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already an email subscriber? Grab your printable below!
Head over next to see this fun I Will Be Valiant Team Pattern activity! It’s a great way to get all the kids involved in a super fun way with a simple pattern or work up to the full sequence.
Did you try out this I Will Be Valiant Fill in the Blank activity? How did it go in your Primary?
This post may also be available in: English Español