You’ll love this perfectly themed activity to review I’ll Walk with You with your Primary children! Setup a cute walk around the Primary room and take a walk with a friend (new or old) as you search for different things to spot along your walk and sing through your song.
This I’ll Walk with You nature walk will help connect the children with the deeper meaning of the song — you can include everyone and become friends with others no matter your differences.
I’ll Walk with You Nature Trail
How to Play:
Setup a nature walk around the Primary room. Scatter the different illustrations around the room and see if the children can spot all of the items!
You will sing through the song I’ll Walk with You (flip chart here) as you make your way on a nature walk!
Call out a specific item and ask the children to search for that item while you walk. Pause part way through the song (as the verse is so long) and ask who found the item. Have everyone point to where it’s hiding! Name another item and continue singing and walking. Search for 2-3 items per march around the trail.
Ask the children a question between each time through the song, such as:
- Why you might we have gone on a nature walk together?
- What was the song talking about?
- Did you walk with a new friend today?
- How can include others in your walk through life like Jesus would?
Share that everyone needs a friend and someone that loves them. Remind the children that they can be that friend to someone that might be feeling lonely or be a little different. We can love and include everyone!
- Extend the walk to the hallways our outdoors if you have a small Primary for a unique experience that will be one to remember!
- Pass out an I Spy Nature Trail checklist! Have the children cross off something they spot as you walk along your nature trail.
- Have everyone march in place if you have a larger Primary and have just one child roam the room looking for your selected object.
- Have the children walk with a buddy. Switch to a new buddy (or switch to groups of 3, then 4!) after each time through the song.
For another fun and interactive to get moving as a Primary, head over to see this fun Stand for the Right Mirror Your Partner activity.
I’ll Walk with You Nature Trail
This free printable includes a 1-page with all of the nature trail items scaled to be close to proportional. Or, you can print the 1/4 sheet sizes and scatter them around the room with even sizes.
You’ll find additional medium and large sized trail items included in the extended printables as part of the INSTANT Primary Singing membership when I’ll Walk with You is the featured song of the month. It also includes full page graphics, black and white printables, and an I Spy Nature Walk checklist. It’s also available separately in my shop here. Or find it in my Etsy shop here.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
For another great way to add movement while teaching this song, head over next to see this I’ll Walk with You Rhythm Partners lesson plan!
What other fun ways could you use this cute I’ll Walk with You nature walk activity in your Singing Time?