If you’re looking for something fun and meaningful to do with your Junior Primary while you try one of the challenging activities (like this First Letters game) in Senior, look no further! I’ll be teaching Keep the Commandments one week with a fun “Color the Commandments” singing time activity!
*See all our ways to teach Keep the Commandments here!*
Keep the Commandments Color the Commandments
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play:
Print one coloring page per child. You can choose your favorite from the option below or print all of them and let the children pick their favorite.
Sing Keep the Commandments (flip chart here) together as a Primary. Ask the children discussion questions, such as:
- What are the commandments?
- What prophet helped us to receive the 10 Commandments?
- Do we receive any other commandments or instructions in our day?
- Where are some places that we can learn about what Heavenly Father wants us to do in our life?
Sing Keep the Commandments again together as a Primary. Then, have the children come up by class to pick a coloring page and grab a box of crayons. Or, if using the same 1-2 pictures for the whole Primary, you can have helpers come pass them out.
Sing Keep the Commandments while the classes come up quietly and quickly to pick their pictures.
Let the kids color their picture in Primary or let them take it home with them to color after church.
- Have the children come up in groups by those that have picked the same picture. For example, all the children who picked the picture of the Sermon on the Mount would come up front together. Ask the children what the picture means to them. How is it an example of learning about the commandments?
- Challenge the children to share their picture and the Keep the Commandments song with their family.
Keep the Commandments Coloring Singing Time Idea
I’ve included half-sheet Keep the Commandments Coloring pages with 3 pages of options. This is a good option if you have a large Primary or simply would like to use less paper/ink. You will need to cut the sheets down the middle before Primary.
As a bonus for INSTANT Primary Singing members, you’ll also find a printable lesson plan and full page coloring pages when this song is the song of the month!
Keep in mind, you can make a single copy and have the rest of the copies made for you in the church library. The larger size is also great if you want to display them around the Primary room or up on the whiteboard as part of your lesson!
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already an email subscriber? Grab your printable below!
Have fun and get the kids moving with this fun Keep the Commandments Sway & Freeze activity.
What other fun ways could you extend this activity or add meaningful discussion to Keeping the Commandments?
This post may also be available in: English Español