This fun singing time lesson plan will take you back to your childhood days! We’ll practice and review I Know My Father Lives Color Puzzles singing time idea.
The kids will work to fill in the colored sections of two keyword puzzles until they reveal a hidden shape in each picture.
See all our I Know My Father Lives Singing Time Ideas here.
I Know My Father Lives Color Puzzles
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play the I Know My Father Lives Color Puzzles Game: Post the color puzzle pictures. Tell the kids the pictures represent two keywords from the song, I Know My Father Lives. Sing together the song.
Call up 5 kids to help you color in some of the picture. Give them each one of the colored crayons, markers, or colored pencils. (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, and Blue). Let them color in sections with their colored dot for about 30-seconds on either of the two pictures.
Sing the song again, looking for participants while you sing! Repeat coloring and singing until you can clearly guess the two keywords.
Look how cute they turned out when we used these in singing time!
I Know My Father Lives Color Puzzles Key:
The color puzzles are:
- Heart – “and loves me too”
- All the red dots. There are approximately 32 red dots. The rest of the colored dots are just fillers.
- Sound Volume Symbol – “Spirit whispers this to me”
- All the Blue dots. There are approximately 34 blue dots. The rest of the colored dots are just fillers.
Color Puzzles Extension Ideas:
- When the coloring activity is finished, let the children sing only the keyword phrases, silently singing the other words of the song. Then switch – silently sing the keyword phrases.
- Have the children color in the activity while you sing, instead. Either up on the board or individual or as a class. Then, they can show you their progress before you start singing again.
- Challenge one side of the room to color and figure out one of the posters while the other side works on the 2nd picture. The kids love a challenge and a race! See which side can fill in their picture first and/or solve the keyword (shape and phrase of the song).
Printable Color Puzzles for
I Know My Father Lives
This free in-post printable I Know My Father Lives Color Puzzles includes a 1-page hidden heart shaped picture to color and find!
You could print it to post up on the board or alternatively, you could print the puzzles and pass them out to small groups, classes, or even individually and just use regular printer paper in that instance.
You’ll find a printable lesson plan, a 2nd speaker color code, and black and white printables included in the INSTANT Primary Singing membership when I Know My Father Lives is the featured song of the month.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
You will also love this super fun way to add in tons of repetition with this I Know My Father Lives Echo Singing idea and printables!
Share your additional ideas for extending or adding to this lesson plan in the comments!