Split up your Primary into small groups – by class or otherwise – and they’ll love playing this fun I Know My Father Lives Word and Letter Puzzle unscramble game challenge. Its a perfect implementation of the learning style of using a concrete representation of words!
See if they can put together their phrase before you finish singing through the song the first time. Then, break off the singing for an engaging way to repeat the song a few more times.
See all our I Know My Father Lives Singing Time Ideas here.
I Know My Father Lives Word Puzzle
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play:
– Cut up the word or letter strip into individual pieces, like a puzzle. Put each matching set into individual envelopes.
– You can make multiple sets, if you need to break your group down into smaller sized groups. 4-6 kids per group is a pretty good number.
– Use the word strips for Junior primary and the Letter strips for Senior primary.
– Start by singing through the song once, then pass out the envelopes. Tell them you need each class or small group to work together as a team to unscramble the words/letters to make a short phrase from the song.
– Sing through the song 1-2 more times while they unscramble.
– Ask the groups to share what their line says. Do they know which part of the song is theirs? (Which line matches their word strip.
– Have each group sing ONLY their line, like popcorn singing. The whole song will be sang, but broken up by the different groups. Finally, have them sing all the lines EXCEPT theirs.
– Share a brief testimony of the simple truths – that our Father lives, loves, us and we can get a confirmation of this truth through the spirit.
Word Puzzle Phrases:
- Know – My – Father – Lives
- And – Loves – Me – Too
- Spirit – Whispers – This – To Me
- Tells – Me – It is – True
Your Primary kids will also love this other fun word activity – Search, Ponder and Pray Word Search!
I Know My Father Lives
Word / Letter Puzzle Printable
Use this printable I Know My Father Lives Word Puzzle (below) to easily create a low-prep singing time lesson, or add it to your home and family study of Come, Follow Me!
It’s an engaging way to teach the simple truths of this song. Extend the activity by singing and teaching this song in your home.
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already an email subscriber? Grab your printable below!
This engaging I Know My Father Lives Color Puzzle will get everyone involved and puzzling the symbol!
How will you use this fun Word Puzzles game?
This post may also be available in: English Español