Split up your Primary into small groups – by class or otherwise – and they’ll love playing this fun I Know My Father Lives Word and Letter Puzzle unscramble game challenge. Its a perfect implementation of the learning style of using a concrete representation of words!
See if they can put together their phrase before you finish singing through the song the first time. Then, break off the singing for an engaging way to repeat the song a few more times.
See all our I Know My Father Lives Singing Time Ideas here.
I Know My Father Lives Word Puzzle
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play:
– Cut up the word or letter strip into individual pieces, like a puzzle. Put each matching set into individual envelopes.
– You can make multiple sets, if you need to break your group down into smaller sized groups. 4-6 kids per group is a pretty good number.
– Use the word strips for Junior primary and the Letter strips for Senior primary.
– Start by singing through the song once, then pass out the envelopes. Tell them you need each class or small group to work together as a team to unscramble the words/letters to make a short phrase from the song.
– Sing through the song 1-2 more times while they unscramble.
– Ask the groups to share what their line says. Do they know which part of the song is theirs? (Which line matches their word strip.
– Have each group sing ONLY their line, like popcorn singing. The whole song will be sang, but broken up by the different groups. Finally, have them sing all the lines EXCEPT theirs.
– Share a brief testimony of the simple truths – that our Father lives, loves, us and we can get a confirmation of this truth through the spirit.
Word Puzzle Phrases:
- Know – My – Father – Lives
- And – Loves – Me – Too
- Spirit – Whispers – This – To Me
- Tells – Me – It is – True
Your Primary kids will also love this other fun word activity – Search, Ponder and Pray Word Search!
I Know My Father Lives
Word / Letter Puzzle Printable
Use this printable I Know My Father Lives Word Puzzle (below) to easily create a low-prep singing time lesson, or add it to your home and family study of Come, Follow Me!
It’s an engaging way to teach the simple truths of this song. Extend the activity by singing and teaching this song in your home.
How to Login to Unlock Downloads!
You can access ALL of our free lesson plans, flip charts, and other printables and downloads by subscribing! Grow.me is a really cool tool that lets you bookmark and save your favorite posts. See our FAQ page here if you need additional help!
Step 1: Click the Unlock Printables button below or 3 Dots icon in the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Create an account with Grow.me and login.
Step 3: That’s it! All download files will automatically be unlocked as long as you are logged in! If you’re already logged in, you’ll see the PDF preview and/or download button below.
Signing up will subscribe you to our email newsletter or update your subscription status if you previously unsubscribed. Our newsletter shares the latest weekly posts with timely and fun Singing Time ideas and new printable lesson plans!
👇 Download Here 👇
This engaging I Know My Father Lives Color Puzzle will get everyone involved and puzzling the symbol!
How will you use this fun Word Puzzles game?