I’ve created a cute set of printable leaves to help the children share what things they are thankful for this fall that can be used with the song of the month or any other Thanksgiving Primary song!
*See 25 Teaching Ideas in this We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet Singing Time Ideas Post*
We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet
“So Thank Fall” Singing Time Idea
How to Play:
Sing through We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet* (or any of the alternate song ideas below) once, before introducing this activity.
Ask the children, what was that song about? (Hint: It’s a prayer of giving thanks!)
Bring out your “So Thank Fall” poster as a play on word for thankful! Or use the poster Fall of Thanks and be dramatic about being “Full” of thanks for a fun play on words. (Perfect for Thanksgiving timing!)
Tell the children today we want to share our own prayer of thanks to fill up our Primary room! Tell them to be thinking of one thing they are thankful for!
Have one class come up front and pick out a leaf, write something they are thankful for on their leaf, and tape it to the board while the rest of the Primary sings through the song.
Repeat singing and adding leaves until everyone has a chance to add a leaf!
Point out a few of your favorites form the board and remind the children how many, many things the Lord has blessed them with that we have to be Thankful for!
*Alternate Primary Songs About Giving Thanks:
- My Heavenly Father Loves Me #228
- For Health and Strength #21
- A Song of Thanks #20
- Thankful by Shawna Edwards
- I Am Thankful by Angie Killian
See even more Fall Primary Songs perfect to include in this activity!
5 More Ways to Use These Cute
So Thank Fall Printable Leaves!
1. Leaf Hunt: Hide leaves around the room and go on a leaf hunt! You can pre-write different things to be thankful for either from the song lyrics and put them in order or just general things of gratitude.
2. Leading Leaf: Place leaves under the chairs. Have the children all look under their chair and hold out their leaves. Have anyone with a red leaf come up front and help you lead holding their leaf as a baton! Then, continue with orange, yellow, and green leaves.
3. Fall Ways to Sing: Add a fun way to sing on the back of each leaf. Add all the leaves to a basket and toss them up in the air and have a child catch one of the falling leaves. Use that fun way to sing!
You’ll love this post with over 110 Ways to Sing a Song on Repeat to help you come up with ideas!
4. Thankful Garland: Collect all the leaves into a pretty fall basket. Then, fill up a hallway bulletin board with all the children’s pretty leaves! Or, string them together and make a garland for the hall.
5. Gratitude Songs: Write a different thankful themed song on the back of each leaf. Sing whichever song they pick!
For another super cute Fall themed singing time idea, head over to see our Fall Pumpkin Patch game!
Printable “So Thank Fall” Singing Time Song Helps
This cute printable set of leaves can be printed in half sheet or quarter sheet size. Plus, there’s a plain outline style you can use to simply print out leave shapes on any colored paper! Plus, ones with a starter phrase “I am so Thankful for…”
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Try this fun We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet Cup Patterns idea next!
What other fun ways could you use these adorable Thankful Leaves printable in singing time?