This classic game will be so fun to bring into your Singing time review games. Play this Stacking Tower review game to have fun with a variety of songs. You can customize how to play with several different variations included below and add your custom mix of songs.
Stacking Tower Review Game
Have fun trying to balance a Stacking block tower while having fun reviewing a variety of songs with a whole bunch of fun actions in the mix. This game has so many opportunities to fit whatever songs you’re working on and be customized with your choice.
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
Stacking Tower Game Prep:
- Color or paint the showing short edges in 3 colors.
- Create your song list and fill in your songs on the printable strips or write them right onto the stacking tower blocks. You’ll want to pick 16 songs or repeat 8 songs twice or repeat 4 songs 4 times each.
- Cut out the printable strips below or simply write on the block pieces themselves. Attach with mod podge or clear tape.
- As an alternative, you can keep them simply colored and then draw from a bowl matched to the colors.
How to Play:
Randomize all of the tower pieces. Then stack them in rows of 3 alternating directions. Play a traditional game of Jenga and draw 1, 2, or 3 pieces to determine what to sing next.
- 1 piece = Have a volunteer pick randomly from all the pieces available. Switch songs if a new song or repeat the same song and add the way to sing or manipulative.
- 2 pieces = Pick one blue piece (song title) and then one either yellow or green piece. Sing the song with the method picked.
- 3 pieces = Pull one Stacking Tower piece from all 3 colors. Sing the song picked and let the volunteer choose the way to sing or the manipulative to use from the two choices – or use both at the same time! You may get some wacky and fun combinations like drawing the song while doing the robot! The kids will love the whacky and crazy combinations.
Stacking Tower Piece Guide:
- Blue: Song Title
- Yellow: Ways to Sing
- Green: Manipulative
- Build the tower by throwing the colored pieces in 3 different small bins. Build up the tower, then knock it over at the end!
- Head over to our 110 Different Ways to Sing post and write out a different way to sing on each of the tower blocks. Repeat singing just one song for review and pick a way to sing from each game piece drawn.
- See our Pin the Primary Song post to instead review up to 48 different Primary songs for a fun end of the year or intro review.
For another super fun and interactive review game, check out this post for Balloon Bounce Song Review! It works great to repeat sing one song or use it with a mix of songs.
Stacking Tower Review Printable Game
This printable includes a pre-filled in sheet of 48 pieces or the blank piece printable to fill in your own actions, songs, and ways to sing.
You’ll find a bonus larger size pieces, an editable file, and a printable lesson plan included in the June New Testament INSTANT Primary Singing packet!
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already an email subscriber? Grab your printable below!
What other fun extension ideas do you have for using a stacking tower in Primary?
This post may also be available in: English Español