Are you looking for fun and easy Valentine’s Day singing time ideas? You’re going to love this darling Valentine’s Day Box of Chocolate activity. Bring in a paper box of chocolates and you can pass out real chocolates at the end of Primary, if you decide to (I recommend a single chocolate kiss).
Let the kids help you pick which songs to sing by picking out the chocolate that looks the most appetizing to them! Simple, easy, and you’ll get through tons of songs!
Valentine’s Day Box of Chocolates
How to Play:
Start with your paper box of chocolates all filled into the slots up on the board. Write a number on the back of the chocolates or on the board under where the chocolates so you reveal the number when you remove the chocolates.
Prepare a list of songs for your pianist and then sing the song that coordinates with the number revealed!
You can let your helper stay up front and help lead the music, if you’d like. Add in a cute heart wand to match the theme!
Example Song List:
- I Feel My Savior’s Love #74
- Love One Another #136
- I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus #78
- We Are Different #263 (vs 3)
- Love is Spoken Here #190
- A Happy Family #198a
- Reverence is Love #31
- I Love to See the Temple #9
- Daddy’s Homecoming #210
- Jesus Said Love Everyone #61
- I Know My Father Lives #9
- I’ll Walk with You #140
- A Child’s Prayer #12 (vs 2)
- Mother, I Love You #207
- Write a way to sing on the back of the chocolates instead. You can use a fun mix of valentine’s day themed ways to sing!
- Use your list of songs you want to teach this year and just repeat numbers (for example numbers 1-7 placed two times randomly across the 14 chocolates).
- Hide the chocolates around the room or under different seats in the Primary room. Invite one row to peek under their seat at a time. Have the children that found a chocolate come up and pick a favorite song and everyone sing that song together!
- Draw a random Truth, Sing or Dare card. Complete the challenge to add the matching chocolate to your box of chocolates!
- Color in the box of chocolates and send them home as a gift to a parent or loved one.
- Color in the individual chocolates, then each child takes a turn adding theirs to the box.
- Let the kids tell you their favorite type of chocolate (or candy) for a fun getting to know you element to your singing time – then sing through a song of your choice.
- Pass out individually wrapped chocolates at the end of Primary that the kids can take home or chocolate shaped stickers!
For another fun similar activity, head over to see this darling Pick a Candy Corn singing time activity!
Valentine’s Day Box of Chocolates Printables
This free in-post printable includes a 1-page box of chocolates and 1-page individual chocolates!
Join INSTANT Primary Singing for extended printables including medium and large chocolates in color and black and white plus Truth, Sing or Dare cards! You’ll find these bonus files included in the February Book of Mormon packet!
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
For another fun themed activity for Valentine’s Day, head over to see this Getting to Know You Survey great for newly called Primary music leaders!
What other fun ways will you use this Box of Chocolates singing time activity in your Primary room?