Get up and get moving with the Baptism song! I’ll be teaching Baptism using this Body Rhythm pattern. It’s simple but purposeful as it gets the kids up and moving and feeling the rhythm of the song with it’s slow and steady beat.
Baptism Body Rhythm Pattern
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play:
– Start by singing through the song together once, before beginning the activity.
– Ask them to watch you do the pattern while you sing through the song together again.
– Ask what was the pattern? Do they think they can follow the pattern? Have everyone stand up to join.
Body Rhythm Pattern:
Tap each of the 5 body parts twice working your way from top to bottom, then back up. Then repeat the pattern.
This activity will work with any of the verses, but to show the speed of the pattern, I’ve added the lyrics for the first verse.
– Tap – Tap Head “Je-sus” / “and was”
– Tap – Tap Shoulders “ca-me” / “baptized”
– Tap – Tap Hips “to John” / “b-y”
– Tap – Tap Knees “the Baptist” / “immer-sion”
– Tap – Tap Toes “in Ju- / “in the”
– Tap – Tap Knees “de-a” / “ri-ver”
– Tap – Tap Hips “long a-” / “Jor-dan’s”
– Tap – Tap Shoulders “-g-o” / “fl-ow”
– Turn around to face the back of the room (so they can’t see you or the poster).
– Try balancing on one foot while they try the pattern.
– Try a speed round – how fast can we sing through the song with actions?
– Have the kids come up with their own sequence of taps / body rhythm and try their pattern!
** My Senior Primary kids ended up coming up with a really fun pattern! They suggested: Clap/Clap, Elbow-Elbow, Dab, Jump! Then, after one time through we tried it on fast forward, which was crazy and so much fun!
See another fun movement activity over in this An Angel Came to Joseph Smith Body Rhythm Pattern.
Baptism Body Rhythm Printable Lesson Plan
You can easily print and save this Baptism Body Rhythm activity in your Primary files to save it for years to come with the printable version of this lesson plan! It also includes a page to show the rhythm pattern you can post up on the whiteboard.
How to Login to Unlock Downloads!
You can access ALL of our free lesson plans, flip charts, and other printables and downloads by subscribing! Grow.me is a really cool tool that lets you bookmark and save your favorite posts. See our FAQ page here if you need additional help!
Step 1: Click the Unlock Printables button below or 3 Dots icon in the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Create a free account with Grow.me and login.
*NOTE: We do not ask for ANY Credit card information on our lesson plans!! If you see any type of request, that’s not my site!
Step 3: That’s it! All download files will automatically be unlocked as long as you are logged in! If you’re already logged in, you’ll see the PDF preview and/or download button below.
Signing up will subscribe you to our email newsletter or update your subscription status if you previously unsubscribed. Our newsletter shares the latest weekly posts with timely and fun Singing Time ideas and new printable lesson plans!
👇 Download Here 👇
Next, head over to these other fun Baptism Song activities:
What other fun ideas do you have to extend this activity?