This fun and simple activity for the Primary Song Baptism Line Match Game has lots of meaning.
They’ll literally be telling you the words to the song in this Q&A traditional line matching game. They’ll try to make logical conclusions using the pictures and words available to them (plus the song lyrics) to find the right matches!
** See 20 Baptism Song Singing Time Ideas here **
Baptism Line Match Game
Setup and How to Play:
– Cut down the long columns of both pages. Then, cut out picture individually.
– Place the “W” questions on the left side of the whiteboard in a tall column.
– Mix up the pictures, placing them out of order in a column on the right.
– Ask a volunteer to come up to draw one line between a word on the right and a picture on the left. In Junior Primary, go in order and ask everyone the questions, then have a helper come up to try to make the correct match.
– After each question, you can sing the verse all the way through again!
– You can use the “Why?” question to lead into the second verse if you’ll be teaching it, or just help the children understand briefly why Jesus Christ needed to be baptized. This is a great opportunity to tie in the Come, Follow Me lesson manual!
– In Senior Primary, you can have the kids draw the pictures, rather than providing them.
– Read the account in Matthew 3: 13-17 and discuss what we learn from this passage of scriptures. How can we follow Christ’s example? What about if we’ve already been baptized, do we need to do anything else?
For more ideas on using this idea in Primary, head over to this Love One Another Line Matching game singing time idea!
Printable Baptism Line Match Game
You can print out this Line Matching Game printable and it’s an easy no-prep activity! Just cut out the pictures and you’re done.
Or, you can skip some of the pages and simply write the “W” questions up on one side of the board. Then, bring large pictures from the Gospel Art Kit or print out the picture page.
I also had a request for an even LARGER version of the Baptism Line Matching Game. I have added the full-page version as part of the INSTANT Primary Singing membership for Baptism, included when this is the featured song!
Subscribe to Primary Singing PLUS+
to Unlock Free Printables
Our printables are free to our email subscribers and loyal fans! You can sign up to join the free Primary Singing PLUS+ to unlock all in-post printables on this website automatically by sharing your email address.
For all the details of how Primary Singing PLUS+ works and answers to FAQs read more details here! Already an email subscriber? Grab your printable below!
Next, head over to these other fun Baptism Song activities:
What other extension activity ideas do you have for this activity?
This post may also be available in: English Español
4 thoughts on “Baptism Line Match Game”
Love this! But I have all the primary together, and need much larger visuals. Im going to edit it and print them out either half sheet or full sheet for me. You might want to consider adding a second file with the larger size. Thanks for all your work!!
Thanks for the suggestion — I can do that! A second larger version is now added as an option. 🙂
Hi there! Thanks so much for this neat idea on a matching game for Baptism! I love it! Do you happen to have pictures and words for the 2nd and 3rd verse that I could get? I want to teach the whole song to my primary and they really got the first verse down thanks to this game. Thanks for your hard work on this.
I haven’t made a version of this activity for the 2nd or 3rd verse, but you could easily adapt the idea to fit! I always use different activities for different verses. Check out some of my other posts like I bet your group would love the Finger Drawing activity!