This fun and simple activity for the Primary Song Baptism has lots of meaning. They’ll literally be telling you the words to the song in this Q&A traditional line matching game. They’ll try to make logical conclusions using the pictures and words available to them (plus the song lyrics) to find the right matches!
Line Match Game
Setup and How to Play:
– Cut down the long columns of both pages. Then, cut out picture individually.
– Place the “W” questions on the left side of the whiteboard in a tall column.
– Mix up the pictures, placing them out of order in a column on the right.
– Ask a volunteer to come up to draw one line between a word on the right and a picture on the left. In Junior Primary, go in order and ask everyone the questions, then have a helper come up to try to make the correct match.
– After each question, you can sing the verse all the way through again!
– You can use the “Why?” question to lead into the second verse if you’ll be teaching it, or just help the children understand briefly why Jesus Christ needed to be baptized. This is a great opportunity to tie in the Come, Follow Me lesson manual!
– In Senior Primary, you can have the kids draw the pictures, rather than providing them.
– Read the account in Matthew 3: 13-17 and discuss what we learn from this passage of scriptures. How can we follow Christ’s example? What about if we’ve already been baptized, do we need to do anything else?
Line Matching Game
You can print out this Line Matching Game printable and it’s an easy no-prep activity! Just cut out the pictures and you’re done. Or, you can skip some of the pages and simply write the “W” questions up on one side of the board. Then, bring large pictures from the Gospel Art Kit or print out the picture page.
Click here —> to Print Baptism Line Matching Game
I also had a request for an even LARGER version of the Baptism Line Matching Game. If you need a much bigger version and don’t mind printing extra pages, here’s a second version for those that may need it!
Click here —> to Print the LARGE Baptism Line Matching Game
Next, head over to these other fun Baptism Song activities:
What other extension activity ideas do you have for this activity?