Your math geniuses and logical thinkers will perk right up with you bring in this The Holy Ghost Number Problems activity. They’ll look for patterns to try to solve for each number while singing through the song!
There’s two options for this activity – one with the rest of the words like a flip chart and the other with blanks to focus just on the number problem!
The Holy Ghost
How to Play:
- Choose to post the post with or without the extra words. I would recommend with the words if you’re learning this song and without the words if it’s a review.
- Sing through the song once, then post this activity up on the whiteboard. Ask the kids what they notice. Let’s sing through the song and see if we can figure out those crazy numbers!
- Ask volunteers to solve one of the number problems. Let’s check and see if they were right by singing through the song again. Continue solving the number problems and singing through the song until you’ve figured out each number!
- Try skipping all the “number words” the final time you sing through the song.
- Bring an instrument or manipulative to represent each number. Ask for 6 volunteers to come up. Each one can represent one of the numbers and make a bunch of noise whenever it’s their number in the song!
- Do simple math equations using the numbers! How many times do you see the 2. What is 2+2+2? Or 2×3 equal?
1 = Us/Our
2 = He
3 = God
4 = Holy
5 = Ghost
6 = Christ
Each number represents the number of letters in each word. Which one is the exception to the rule? I also added the number 1 to stand for any reference to ourselves (us and our in the song).
The Holy Ghost
Number Problems Printable
This activity for The Holy Ghost Number Problems is 6-pages. The first page is instructions which you can print if needed.
It’s especially helpful when storing this activity away in your filing cabinet for later. Then, choose from the activity sheet with or without words – or print both!
Click Here —> to Print The Holy Ghost Number Problems Activity
What other number problem activities can you think of?